I need a little help w Tuner Pro rt. [Archive] - SR20 Forum

: I need a little help w Tuner Pro rt.

Mr. Sleeper
07-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Alright guys the time has come for me to start toying aroung with my rt v2 ecu and the whole install seems to be going quite easy/well. I've took time to play with it and familiarize myself a little with the Program. Now it comes down to needing to see if I did it right (loaded a bin to my ecu) but on the bottom of the screen, it says "Hardware not found." And I have my ecu connected to the laptop. I went to tools and tried to initialize to see if maybe that would help and nothing. I followed all the steps ** this one including making drivers for it and using the emutility. So any advice?

swiss
07-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Do you have more than one USB port? Or were you running another program like Nissan Datascan?

I think that happend to me one time when I had NDS open, then I tried to open TPRT. The way my ports were configured, I couldn't run both at the same time. Or maybe yours is set up on a different USB port.

Mr. Sleeper
07-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Yea. I figured it out, all I needed to do was restart my laptop. So I believe I loaded a bin file to the ecu, So how do I check to make sure it's on the ecu? Or do I just plug it in and drive and use the butt dyno?

swiss
07-03-2009, 01:32 PM
I like EmUtility. Download it if you don't have it already! It's much easier to load bins using it. Just select the target bin in 'Input/Output File' and set the 'Operation' to 'Verify...' It will check the bin you have loaded against the bin you selected.

http://www.tunerpro.net/images/EmUtility.gif

Mr. Sleeper
07-03-2009, 01:34 PM
Got it thanks:)

Calum
07-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Note- the B13 RTv2 uses a memory twice the size of the stock ECU (64k not 32k). The extra 32k is used for controlling the extra functions of the RTv2. If your using stock based bin (traditional RTv1, 32k) it needs to be loaded in the upper portion of memory (so 8000 as the starting address). EmUtility will do this for you automatically.

AaroNX
07-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Using tunerpro you can actually upload the bin from the ecu into tunerpro just to make sure you have the right one. I have to do this alot cause I keep switching to different bins I've found or just tampered with lol.

AaroNX
07-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Note- the B13 RTv2 uses a memory twice the size of the stock ECU (64k not 32k). The extra 32k is used for controlling the extra functions of the RTv2. If your using stock based bin (traditional RTv1, 32k) it needs to be loaded in the upper portion of memory (so 8000 as the starting address). EmUtility will do this for you automatically.

LOL you had me worried thinking I was going to have to check something. Then I realized I don't have a V2.:D

Mr. Sleeper
07-04-2009, 01:01 AM
Alright guys thanks for the help. I actually got the ve up and running 2day and I must say very impressed although I havn't got around to figuring out how to set the high cam settings but for those of you who wonder what it feels like, All I can say is it feels noticeably stronger and more responsive than my de with the same mods. As for the ecu tunning, how can I set the high cams? Under which option can I set these? And Emutility is far easier to load bins with but Tuner-pro, I like how easy it is to mod settings.

Calum
07-04-2009, 01:59 AM
Is this a B13 or B14?

Mr. Sleeper
07-04-2009, 11:32 PM
B13. Is there another bin for me 2 download for the v2 so I can use launch control and vvl activation? Also, Since I won't be using the mss or any other window switch, How can I wire the cams into my ecu? I've searched and asked a few ppl and nothing.

Mr. Sleeper
07-04-2009, 11:38 PM
b13ve, ve inj, de maf Also would like an egr delete if possible.