Realtime v2 VVL wiring diagram [Archive] - SR20 Forum

: Realtime v2 VVL wiring diagram

Calum
07-11-2009, 02:06 AM
I uploaded this to the wiki-

http://calumsult.wikidot.com/features-schematics-etc

or direct link-

http://calumsult.wikidot.com/local--files/features-schematics-etc/HC%20Wiring%20-%20VVL%20Example.pdf

It's really dead easy to wire them up. Terminals are 'Molex Mini Fit Jr'- if you've ever built a PC these are the same as the power connector to the motherboard. Replacement part numbers are on the schematic (if ordering online try www.mouser.com) and any PC shop will probably stock replacements. If your not using the proper crimp tool (PN on schematic) fold the ears over with a pair of needle-nose pliers and apply a dab of solder.

Next week I'll add a schematic for wiring in analog inputs. If my car actually runs next week I'll even take some pictures. :P

weapon_x
07-11-2009, 02:50 AM
how much for a B14 RT V2?

M0J0
07-11-2009, 05:28 AM
Ah, so THAT'S what the "RTv2 guys" topic was all about :P.

iczer200sx
07-11-2009, 12:13 PM
when do you anticipate the firmware being released for this?

dfddfd2
07-11-2009, 01:00 PM
Releasing the firmware depends on when Mark Mansur has TunerPro RT V5 ready for release. The supporting data definition file (XDF) and data acquisition definition file (ADX) for the logging and map tracing capabilities are also under development utilizing TunerPro RT V5 capabilities. We hope to have everything ready in early August.

Cheers,
Dave

M0J0
07-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Does that mean I have to wait till August until I can use the RTv2?

dfddfd2
07-11-2009, 03:07 PM
Does that mean I have to wait till August until I can use the RTv2?

No, the RTv2 board does not depend on the extended TunerCode firmware functionality to operate and run the engine. You will still be able to tune, same as you would with RTv1 board. Calum is doing some testing this weekend on VVL activation with the RTv2, so a subset of the extended functionality may be available before then.

Dave

M0J0
07-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Ah, good. Cause that's the reason I swithced to v2, to remove the need for an external switch for the VVL :P. Want as few as possible visible hints that it's more than just a NX2K :P

Mr. Sleeper
07-11-2009, 09:38 PM
Thanks Calum:)

robertsr20
07-16-2009, 12:55 PM
This schematic work for a RT v1? http://calumsult.wikidot.com/local--...%20Example.pdf
I need my RT for a vvl motor,that was the reason to buy a RT, received today can do something to activate the selenoides with this?

Thanks.

Mr. Sleeper
07-16-2009, 05:57 PM
It's not for the v1 rt it's only for the v2. (the newest one)

robertsr20
07-16-2009, 06:52 PM
Yes i know, but if you see the title to B14 schematic flash - public contains the same pic as the first version and my RT have a J7 conector but have not installed mosphec 5003NT1G, the connection diagram is the same but anyway i'll be buy another system for activate the vvl´s.

Thanks.

Calum
07-16-2009, 11:19 PM
All the Realtime PCBs are rolling developments- I put extra features on the board but design them to be built with a 'stable' feature set. The v2 board has been in development for 2 years so if you examine any newish board you'll find on the PCB lots of stuff that corresponds to the final version of the v2 just not populated. Doing a board run is expensive- piggy-backing development with production stuff lets me do the development at a lower cost.

You could activate the solenoids via un-used outputs from the ECU (EGR & AIV, etc), but that's not something I support. The RT (v1 or v2) are really made for for hacking on and are great for doing your own ECU firmware development on. This is a non-trivial task though if your not into the thick of the ECU assembly code.

I would just get a MSD switch and call it a day. :)

robertsr20
07-17-2009, 02:01 AM
Ok now I understand why it, thanks for explaining it is clear to me now, I am currently developing my own board for the activation of selenoides, just wondering to save time.
Thanks.