Newest Tuner Pro for rt v2 [Archive] - SR20 Forum

: Newest Tuner Pro for rt v2

Mr. Sleeper
08-29-2009, 05:46 PM
Anyone have this already? Because I've been waiting forever and it seems almost as if this software doesn't even exist, although Calum says it does. I purchased the rt v2 for the ability to use the vvl without having 2 add a window switch but now it almost seems like I wasted my money. Can anyone help me because I'm sick and tired of waiting. This whole process has been since late February and still nothing. WTF!!!

dfddfd2
08-30-2009, 11:14 AM
TunerProRT V5 definitely exists, it's just not released yet. Mark Mansur has been working very hard to get it released asap. He's working on documentation and bug fixes. You can join his forum here: TunerPro Forum (http://forum.tunerpro.net/index.php), and/or check out his web site here: TunerPro.net (http://www.tunerpro.net/) to keep up with the latest info.

Dave

Mr. Sleeper
08-30-2009, 01:38 PM
Oh ok but the thing I don't understand is why were the people who purchased the new rt v2 not even notified that this was needed and still isn't available to use? Thanks for the help though, I really appreciate it:)

dfddfd2
08-30-2009, 04:31 PM
Oh ok but the thing I don't understand is why were the people who purchased the new rt v2 not even notified that this was needed and still isn't available to use? Thanks for the help though, I really appreciate it:)

No problem! As you may know, there are actually 3 parts to the RTV2 support, one of which is TunerProRT V5 (TPRTV5). The reason TPRTV5 is needed is because of my piece, which is the TunerCode custom firmware (bin file) for the ECU processor. A big part of TunerCode is enhanced logging, originally written for ScannerPro. When Mark Mansur decided to drop ScannerPro support in order to get TPRTV5 finished, that pretty much locked me into TPRTV5. The third piece is Calum's firmware (code) for the RTV2 board. His firmware, and my TunerCode firmware, communicate with each other and share data so I can use the RTV2 I/O, and so he can use important sensor information like TPS, RPM, MAF, CLT, etc.

We haven't done a very good job of communicating what's going on, and I apologize for that. All three of us are working as hard and fast as we can to get these pieces finished, and I will try to do a better job of communicating on this, and the "other" forums.

I realize it's not much of a consolation, but in the mean time, you can still use TunerProRT V4 and your existing XDF with the Calum RTV2 board.

Thanks,
Dave

M0J0
08-30-2009, 07:19 PM
I realize it's not much of a consolation, but in the mean time, you can still use TunerProRT V4 and your existing XDF with the Calum RTV5 board.

Lol.

Thanks for clearing that up, though. It would suck if I installed the v2, and then found out that it all wouldn't work because of software issues :p.

Mr. Sleeper
08-31-2009, 12:32 AM
Thanks. Actually, this is a pretty helpful bit of info and puts me more at ease to know that pretty soon it will be all solved:) By chance, any idea of just how soon?

dfddfd2
08-31-2009, 09:33 AM
I wish I knew more myself about when Mark is going to release TPRTV5, but as a beta tester, I know it needs a little more refinement.

Cheers,
Dave