Calum, don't know if you could help... [Archive] - SR20 Forum

: Calum, don't know if you could help...

HTKPHPSE-L
12-31-2009, 11:22 AM
I have a friend that supposedly has a Mine's tuned ECU for his S14 that has a redtop SR20DET in it. The only problem he has is that his car has an American instrument cluster, but it is reading in Kilometers per hour not MPH. Just wondering if you would have any idea what he could do to fix that problem....Thanks for any info. Also I had you reflash an ecu for my for a VVL in a B14, but the car is still making the CEL light go on and off when I use my wipers too many times...Have any idea on that one? I'm just really confused...Other than that the car runs like a champ!
Justin

Calum
12-31-2009, 11:37 AM
I'm going to strike out on both!

On the first, this is my best guess- The speedo problem isn't caused by the ECU because the speedo is controlled by the transmission not the ECU. Speed is an input to the ECU not an output. The cluster takes the pulses from the transmission and sets the speedo needle position and also sends it to the ECU. You can recalibrate the instrument cluster, so I imagine he needs to do something like the below link in reverse-

http://www.zeroyon.com/index/content/view/20/47/

No clue on why you get a CEL triggered by wipers, that's pretty cool. What's the code for?

HTKPHPSE-L
01-02-2010, 10:18 PM
I'll let him know about that. Thanks...LOL yeah it is probably the most odd thing I've run across in awhile. It has stumped everyone I tell. As far as the codes just the rear o2 sensor and egr malfunction are the only ones that go on and off. If I use my wipers for a period of time it seems like i lose power for a spilt second then the CEL goes out and the throttle becomes really sensitive. After a couple of days the light comes back on and i runs better with the CEL on. At least it keeps it interesting (especially driving it in the snow)... lol

SENTRASER
01-03-2010, 02:18 PM
What about just swapping in a. Usdm speed sensor?