Let's make a new list for who wants an ecu from Calum [Archive] - SR20 Forum

: Let's make a new list for who wants an ecu from Calum

Pages : [1] 2

HaulinSentra
03-08-2010, 04:19 PM
Calum where are you! ???? :tongue: lol.... I myself would like an ecu done. I imagine a few others would like one done too! Your site looks like its been all messed up for quite a while :( Whats going on?

Do you only do ecu stuff a few months a year? lol...

- (me) Haulinsentra: B14 n/a sr20de - Basic/Traditional Board - N60 MAF, all the mods

92wcr
03-09-2010, 04:25 AM
92wcr-RTv2 ecu 72 lb injectors on 4. bar z32 maf on s4cams u12 compression:biggthump

Richard_Camarena@yahoo.com

enohand
03-09-2010, 11:45 AM
first off he doesnt TUNE boards anymore from my understanding...(nor has he ever, he only gave maps for things he himself has delat with)

secondly i dont think 90% of people understand what calum does.

He builds Tunable ECU for PEOPLE to tune. NOT HIM, He gives HW support for his product & thats about it....im sure if you run into a problem he will try to assist, but if he has never encountered it im not sure he will be able to help you.

Asking for a specific tune with specific parameters isnt going to yeild you with the results you want......the RT boards are meant for people who know how to tune, or know somone that will help them

but ill jump in on this to/...

Calum~

I need a 96 g20 RTv2 board.

javcrodgz
03-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Calum is awesome.

HaulinSentra
03-09-2010, 01:56 PM
I know Calum doesn't sell tuned bins. but i just want a base with n60 maf and possibly that tuned sr20 bin thats kicking around v4 or something... Even if it came with a stock/base bins thats fine by me. It was just a starting point. I just hoped he would put that v4 bin on for me.

92wcr
03-09-2010, 02:10 PM
yea i was aware..but i kinda figured on just telling him my set up
if it would help out..i know he dont do tunes..
but umm theres a shop that im taking my car to get tuned at..
so yeaa :biggthump thanks

HaulinSentra
03-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Darn, only 2 people want a calum ecu? :squint:

Bump.. Where you at Calum?

gtswrx
03-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Why don't you guys go NisTune?

Nistune does not make OBDII B14 boards...

The base bins from Calum may not be tuned, but it is an excellent start. First you dont have to calculate K number, Injector latency and VQ Tables for X MAF / X injector and to start your car and have it idle perfect the first time is a bless, you can tune later.

You dont need to be a tuner to attempt and change your AFR with the help of a wideband at least at WOT to put it generally around 13:1 if N/A or 12:1 if turbo, for more fine tuning, well, dyno and a pro tuner...

92wcr
03-10-2010, 11:33 PM
lol i dont really want to go with jwt thats 595..
but i need my car running...its tempting but *** wait couple weeks to hear back from calum....

ghostchild316
03-10-2010, 11:59 PM
I think Calum may have got burnt out making these.

They were handmade afterall...

blusteelsr20
03-11-2010, 12:10 AM
Yep, that's my guess... This was just a hobby for him and since he's been real busy with his real job lately that doesn't leave much time for making boards, especially since demand has increased tenfold.

javcrodgz
03-11-2010, 01:08 AM
Nistune does not make OBDII B14 boards...

The base bins from Calum may not be tuned, but it is an excellent start. First you dont have to calculate K number, Injector latency and VQ Tables for X MAF / X injector and to start your car and have it idle perfect the first time is a bless, you can tune later.

You dont need to be a tuner to attempt and change your AFR with the help of a wideband at least at WOT to put it generally around 13:1 if N/A or 12:1 if turbo, for more fine tuning, well, dyno and a pro tuner...

Yes they do, why do you say they don't? I just ordered 3 of them and am running one in a B14 Ve'd. Realtime Type 4 board.

Cliff
03-11-2010, 10:40 AM
Seriously,

All of you out there asking "Why not go Nistune?", or "Calum doesn't do this anymore", etc. etc. etc. should just stop talking.

You apparently don't know the details, so you're starting the rumor mill up again.

Calum is still making hardware. He doesn't support software. That's your job as the recipient of the hardware. He can supply a BASE bin, it's your job to tune it in to your specific setup.

I think there's been enough incorrect information floating around that it needs to be stopped.

If you want an ECU, you need to search the Calumsult section and get the orderform, then e-mail him.

:rolleyes:

javcrodgz
03-11-2010, 12:03 PM
^So why isn't my comment valid? I'm giving an alternative option.

Cliff
03-11-2010, 01:53 PM
^So why isn't my comment valid? I'm giving an alternative option.

Because this thread is about Calumsult, as is this section.

I'm sorry you don't feel this way, but I'm a firm believer in respect of vendor sections.

You won't find me going to Greg V's section and telling everyone to go to Courtesy Parts to find stuff for their cars. It's just not right.

Bottom line: Your comments were rather assinine.

enohand
03-11-2010, 02:33 PM
FYI^^

SOme have been e-mailing him, & trying to reach him, but he is unavailable & has been for quite sometime,

I think javi was trying to share info that Calum is not the only person that makes RT boards for our cars....Giving another option in a fourm where the Vendor has not been active nor post/replied to e-mails....& letting them know that if you want to get a RT pretty quickly (around a 1-2 weeks turn around) then to look @ the other guy for it....

ghostchild316
03-11-2010, 02:47 PM
In the past Calum himself has suggested Nistune to people that didn't want to wait on him for long periods of time.

Also, sorry to burst peoples bubbles but he is not making boards for the general public anymore...

How do I know? I emailed him a week ago about getting a RT V2 board for my SR20DET ecu.

The rest of you are SOL.

happynole
03-11-2010, 03:27 PM
Having personally talked to Calum in the past week, I can assure you he is alive and well. He is also taking some time off. AFAIK, he is going to finish boards that were ordered thru the end of last year/beginning of this year. And I'm pretty sure he is not taking any new orders at this time. I'm sure he will let everyone know when and if he is going to start making boards again.

javcrodgz
03-11-2010, 04:59 PM
**forgive me and my comments guys! Didn't mean to C-Block!**

HaulinSentra
03-11-2010, 06:13 PM
TeKKiE and others thanks for the info! This is what im trying to figure out. If Calum is not doing it for the general public and just buddies thats fine with me. I just want to know for sure? I would rather support a forum member than do something drastic like go e-mance or spend a fortune on a nistune board and have to find someone to do the solder work, if ya get my drift. I also have time to wait if hes busy I understand. I just want it back by the summer lol...

Most of us do know Calum doesnt sell a "tuned ecu" but does supply a base program with a few tweeks, like what type of maf/inj etc.. I can set *** a/f, dyno tune myself... I dont even care if he could do that, ill figure it out myself.

I would have sent him money and an ecu long ago but I dont want to if he doesnt do ecu's any more. He hasn't replied to my email or pm msg or post's here :(

Hopefully Calum can chime in here sometime on whats up?