Question about making open-source or possible buying the designs? [Archive] - SR20 Forum

: Question about making open-source or possible buying the designs?

rx7god
05-23-2010, 01:06 PM
Calum, What is the chance of making the boards designs open source so the diy out there can build their own board? Or Would you be willing to sell the asset of the company to someone so there can continue the boards?

Just an idea!
-Derek

NewKleer
06-10-2010, 12:16 AM
last open source thing he released (DIY consult) was abused/mutilated by drape123/emance/emancellc/notjason/whateverhecallshimself. so doing that would only be asking for other people to lose their money/engine to that guy.

im sure anyone capable of continuing with it has/will try get in contact with calum about it

micra_pete
06-16-2010, 05:56 PM
Whilst I agree it would be excellent if the information was released, I would understand if it wasn't.

Sr20Gtir
06-17-2010, 07:46 PM
I would also like to know if something like this will be happening. Alot of people run the calum ecus and alot more where in the market to buy one that i know of around my parts of florida. Calum made a huge contribution to the sr20 world by unlocking alot of untold things and truely making the stock ecu work almost as well as a stand alone. I have a realtime board and was hoping to get a few real time 2 boards. IF you will be selling off the patents to your designs im sure there are a number of people who would love to swoop in and buy them. Of course im sure they will just make the boards and not tinker with them to much like calum did figuring everything out on the ecus.