My dyno run - SR20 Forum
Nissan SR20 Forum Nissan SR20 Forum Header Right
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

Welcome to the SR20 Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

» Log in
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   SR20 Forum > Main Forums > SR20VE / SR16VE



Sr20Forum.com is the premier Nissan SR20 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2007, 06:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
SE-R Newbie

 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Zealand

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My dyno run

near as makes no difference 130kw at the wheels



mod list:

SR20VE
370cc injectors
daughterboarded ECU
Franklin Stage 2 cams
stillen WAI
2.5" exhaust with portmatched RS*R DE headers
nocabiwiksmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-06-2007, 07:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Enemy of the stupid

 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Moreno Valley, Ca

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
174hp

what were u reving out too?
__________________
95 240sx The RB20 night stalker
91 NX2000 VE forsale
95 240sx stock and slow new daily
Protech-Fabrication
http://www.OSRdyno.com/
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
SE-R Lightweight

 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New Zealand

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Well done.

Nice linear power curve!

And that's on an otherwise STOCK SR20VE?

With further tuning, i.e. correct the rich mixtures, you should get a few more WkWs., and probably more torque through the 'driving' areas.

Seems those Franklins DO work! And only stage 2's, that got more than a well tuned SR20VE with SR1600VE cams with the same mods on the same dyno.

What's next for your mod list?
amdeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
L337 VVL

 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: N.S.W Australia

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nice power curve! What daughterboard are you using?
__________________
Neo forums wants you!:thumbsup:
www.neovvl.org
turbofied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
www.rollerprinters.com

 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Wisconsin

Feedback Score: 52 reviews
Nice power gains.

I little off topic. But, anyone been doing Franklin Stage 4 cam dyno runs? I'd like to get a set of those.
__________________
www.rollerprinters.com

Your source for high quality remanufactured HP LaserJet Printer parts, repairs and service.
nismos13silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
the proof wizard

 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota

Feedback Score: 26 reviews
im sorry but i dont understand how you can come accross thinking franklins work because of this dyno. most cars with 16 cams are doing 180-190+whp

im not hatting just not getting it
__________________
12sec NA
coryb13ser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
Turd Furgeson
 
Benito Malito's Avatar

 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Portland, Or

Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by coryb13ser View Post
im sorry but i dont understand how you can come accross thinking franklins work because of this dyno. most cars with 16 cams are doing 180-190+whp

im not hatting just not getting it
I honestly don't think their dynos read the same as ours. It was the same thing when I lived in South Africa. You could probably pick up some hp though. Maybe cam gears? It still looks healthy.
__________________
1993 TJ4 NX2000
2004 Forester XT SGM
Benito Malito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
SE-R Lightweight

 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New Zealand

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by coryb13ser View Post
im sorry but i dont understand how you can come accross thinking franklins work because of this dyno. most cars with 16 cams are doing 180-190+whp

im not hatting just not getting it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benito Malito View Post
I honestly don't think their dynos read the same as ours. It was the same thing when I lived in South Africa. You could probably pick up some hp though. Maybe cam gears? It still looks healthy.
BINGO!

You've hit the nail directly on the head!

For some reason the Dyno that is used in Auckland, New Zealand (as this one was) for most of the figures quoted reads low; especially when compared to the American dyno figures, it's a fact.

FYI a standard SR20VE with manual conversion (converted from CVT), with 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust, and custom intake with K&N pod got 111WkW only moments later.

The thing to remember here is that it's NOT the peak HP numbers, it really is ONLY for comparitive reasons.
Let's look at it this way 111WkWs versus 130WkWs for similar set-ups, that's an extra 19WkWs, which is a lot in anyones language.

So I understand that it SEEMS low, but please look at it in a comparitive way.
amdeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 06:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
giggidy giggidy

 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Zealand

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That and the fact that these are stage 2 cams, NOT stage 4's. They're kinda similar in spec to the SR16VE cams but in the experiences we've had here, they're easier to tune and offer a much smoother power curve and better low down torque, mostly because they're designed specifically for a pretty stock 2L and not a little 1600.
Good work Aaron!
__________________
Anybody who cannot comprehend mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wash, cook food, and not make messes on the floor.
punkoutnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 06:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
SE-R Lightweight

 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New Zealand

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkoutnz View Post
That and the fact that these are stage 2 cams, NOT stage 4's.
And there's THAT fact as well...

I'd taken the liberty of expecting that the description at the bottom of the post would have explained that, but good point!
Maybe that could be the confusion here?

I'd LOOOOVE an extra 19WkWs please!
amdeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 06:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
P10 pro

 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Los Angeles

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Those are good numbers; comparing them to Clint's numbers.

The air fuel ratio needs some cleaning up. With the right afr, the power band could be extended.
5speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 07:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
SE-R Newbie

 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Zealand

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5speed View Post
Those are good numbers; comparing them to Clint's numbers.

The air fuel ratio needs some cleaning up. With the right afr, the power band could be extended.

yep we will be fiddling with the AF this week

the power was made surprisingly early in the rev range. 130wkw @ 7000 rpm is perfect for me because i dont particularly like revving my car out.

in fact when we adjust the AF ill be bringing my redline down from 8500 to 8000
nocabiwiksmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
SE-R Lightweight

 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5speed View Post
Those are good numbers; comparing them to Clint's numbers.
Aaron's got some damn fine numbers there & made his goal WHP which is awesome. He deserves it too 'cause he's one of the nicest fellas you could meet & put a lot of thought into his transplant.
Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
SE-R Newbie

 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Zealand

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
Aaron's got some damn fine numbers there & made his goal WHP which is awesome. He deserves it too 'cause he's one of the nicest fellas you could meet & put a lot of thought into his transplant.
aww shucks clint
nocabiwiksmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
the proof wizard

 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota

Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by amdeman View Post
BINGO!

You've hit the nail directly on the head!

For some reason the Dyno that is used in Auckland, New Zealand (as this one was) for most of the figures quoted reads low; especially when compared to the American dyno figures, it's a fact.

FYI a standard SR20VE with manual conversion (converted from CVT), with 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust, and custom intake with K&N pod got 111WkW only moments later.

The thing to remember here is that it's NOT the peak HP numbers, it really is ONLY for comparitive reasons.
Let's look at it this way 111WkWs versus 130WkWs for similar set-ups, that's an extra 19WkWs, which is a lot in anyones language.

So I understand that it SEEMS low, but please look at it in a comparitive way.
can we see a dyno with the original stock cams, or a set of 16cams maybe, so we have a better understanding of how great these cams really are??
coryb13ser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:08 AM   #16 (permalink)
SE-R Lightweight

 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New Zealand

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by coryb13ser View Post
can we see a dyno with the original stock cams, or a set of 16cams maybe, so we have a better understanding of how great these cams really are??
It's not really a case of 'how great these are', I just hope that you're not being condescending; but more a case of a VERY happy owner / driver on a budget that WORKED!

I can rustle up some graphs from both the car that followed (111WkWs) AND a car with exactly what you have asked 1600cams and the same mods as Aarons.

It was basically THE 'pretty-much-stock-plus-cams' car to beat, till now.

Even though it was sold lately, I'm sure that the new owner won't be too upset if we post the figures here.

Last edited by amdeman; 07-08-2007 at 02:10 AM.
amdeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:14 AM   #17 (permalink)
the proof wizard

 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota

Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by amdeman View Post
It's not really a case of 'how great these are', I just hope that you're not being condescending; but more a case of a VERY happy owner / driver on a budget that WORKED!

I can rustle up some graphs from both the car that followed (111WkWs) AND a car with exactly what you have asked 1600cams and the same mods as Aarons.

It was basically THE 'pretty-much-stock-plus-cams' car to beat, till now.

Even though it was sold lately, I'm sure that the new owner won't be too upset if we post the figures here.
not condescending at all. im running my 16 cams right now and there great, until i can get my big one... i just havent heard much success with franklin cams, but im not biased, id be happy to be shown otherwise
coryb13ser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:35 AM   #18 (permalink)
giggidy giggidy

 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Zealand

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A car with stock SR20VE cams on the day dyno'd 111kW, the car with Franklin Stage 2's dyno'd 130kW (same dyno, same day). The stage 2's are listed as a "mild street" cam so they're not as big as the N1's and they don't even come close to the stage 4's. I know you guys wouldn't be that interested in the stage 2's as it'd be more cost effective to go for SR16VE cams. It was more designed for people like Aaron, for a bit of extra power without going overboard for the local market.

I can't wait to get my SR20VE with stage 4's into the pulsar. That's gonna be a sure sign of how these cams perform.
punkoutnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
the proof wizard

 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota

Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkoutnz View Post
A car with stock SR20VE cams on the day dyno'd 111kW, the car with Franklin Stage 2's dyno'd 130kW (same dyno, same day). The stage 2's are listed as a "mild street" cam so they're not as big as the N1's and they don't even come close to the stage 4's. I know you guys wouldn't be that interested in the stage 2's as it'd be more cost effective to go for SR16VE cams. It was more designed for people like Aaron, for a bit of extra power without going overboard for the local market.

I can't wait to get my SR20VE with stage 4's into the pulsar. That's gonna be a sure sign of how these cams perform.
thank you for the comparison, but i would really like to see a dyno of the same car before and after... here is my before with stock cams and after 16 http://www.sr20forum.com/sr20ve-sr16...sr16-cams.html
coryb13ser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 04:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
SE-R Newbie

 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Zealand

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ok guys got permission from the other guy who did the dyno with me and here is the graph

nocabiwiksmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  SR20 Forum > Main Forums > SR20VE / SR16VE


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:14 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
© The SR20 Forum - Content from this site may not be used without permission