B14 Fog Light Mod
How to make your fog lights turn on with your corners.
Warning do this at your own risk!
I followed Bryant Woo Fog Light Mod
writeup, and took pictures while I was doing it.
This was done for a 1999 Sentra SE-L, it should be very similar for all
Disconnect your battery before continuing to step one.
1. Find the Relay box and open it up, it should be located on the passenger side of the engine bay
2. Locate the Pink-Blue
wire and try to pull it up so that you have some slack to work with
3. Cut the Pink-Blue
wire, make sure you leave enough slack on both sides so that it will be easier to work with.
4. Strip the end of the wire that goes back to the relay so that it could be connected to another wire.
5. Seal the end of the wire that goes back into the batch of wires. I used heat shrink to seal the end of the wire.
6. To be safe get about a foot of 16 gauge wire and strip the ends on it and prepare to connect it to the pink-blue wire.
7. Solder the the one foot 16 gauge wire to the pink-blue wire (which goes back to the relay). Then heat shrink it or use electrical tape. I used both heat shrink and electrical tape.
8. I took the wire and stretched under all of other wires towards the passenger corner.
9. Remove the passenger side corner.
10. Take the Red-Blue
wire out of the corner casing. Don't worry about the green-yellow wire or the black wire. The Green-Yellow wire is used to send power to the corner when your turn signal is on, the Black one is the ground. Also, The Red-Blue wire sends power when ever your parking lights are on
11. You can either cut or slice the Red wire. I cut the red wire, but then found out that its easier to just strip the wire casing off and leave the wire in one piece.
When I cut the wire, I didn't have enough to connect it back, so I had to add an extra piece of wire. This is why I suggest you strip the wire in the middle and connect the other wire to it.
Make sure you solder your connection and insulate it, in this case I just used heat shrink.
12. Connect the battery again and test out the the fog lights.
The fog lights now will turn on when you have your parking lights on. The fog lights are still fully functional and can still be switched on/off. Everything else should still be fully functional too.
If you have any suggestions or corrections please let me know
The Final Product