SR20 Forum - View Single Post - How to post pictures - Read before you ask questions!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2004, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Serban
VVL - Very Very Loudô

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
How to post pictures - Read before you ask questions!

Ok, I realize there's quite a few of you who aren't sure how to post pics, so read this before you ask.

First of all you cannot link a picture off your hard drive, so don't try that, it wont work. You will need to upload the picture to a server that will allow picture hosting. Here's a few of them, as I find more, I'll add them to the list:

www.tinypic.com - one of my favorites
www.photobucket.com - works well
www.imagestation.com - sometimes works, sometimes doesn't
www.streetneeds.com/ - Pretty good one
www.sr20forum.com - Please also consider supporting the SR20 Forum! For short money, you get image hosting as well as a number of other things. Please see this link for more info and to sign up.

Once you have the picture uploaded you take the link of the picture, and you click this button : When you click the button, a prompt window will appear:

Simply paste the link of the picture and press "OK"

This will now show up as the link surrounded by [IMG] tags.

Thats all you need to do. If you want to post a picture in the quick reply box, you will have to manually enter the [IMG] tags to the link of the picture.

Please note, there are some websites which will not allow image hosting, such as Geocities, this will give you a red X, and people will complain.

Now that you read this, post some pictures already!

Serban
'91 Sentra SE-R
'00 Sentra SE
'75 280Z

FloridaSR20s.com

Last edited by Serban; 06-08-2006 at 03:45 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome