SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checked under my battery and plastic. To find lots of acid and rust. Local Stealer ordered me a new one for $17.86 total. Not bad and it just may prevent my SE-R from rusting to the ground for a little longer.
FYI,
If you havent pulled these parts off your car you should, I found rust on the mounts exc, WW them and blasted them with some Pro rustoleum.
Peace

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I just pulled my battery tray out a couple of weeks ago and it was a little rusted - I'm sanding it down right now.
DANG !!!! Yours was rusty.

·
Registered
359 Posts
The battery tray is the least of my problems...the battery tie down bracket at the top has nearly disintegrated! Everyone who's in the rust belt should check theirs. My battery could definitely have come loose and caused some damage if I hadn't caught the defect in time.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jmcn said:
The battery tray is the least of my problems...the battery tie down bracket at the top has nearly disintegrated! Everyone who's in the rust belt should check theirs. My battery could definitely have come loose and caused some damage if I hadn't caught the defect in time.
Mine was too. (bracket)
A litle tip for those who dont know,
Dip all battery acid parts in Coke (like the soda) (Do not drink it after)
Watch the active ingredients eat away the acid and sizzle
Then spray with a hose and strip the rust with a wire wheel and paint.
Oh,
One more thing,
One of my battery hold downs broke also during this process due to the acid.
Stealer wanted $9.00 for a new one.
I told them to keep it--Ha ha half the price of the tray!!!
I went to Napa and snagged one (a bit longer and cut it to size) for the grand total of $1.00.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
nizzan4u2nv said:
Wow thats a lot of rust. Mine was trimmed for the cai, I didnt see any rust.

That's becuase B14 battery tray's are plastic, not metal. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts