SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey folks,
just wanted to say hi and post some pics/info on my ride
was recently going to sell but i'm thinking of upgrading to a SR20DE within the year now as i love the car and well, i want some more power!

lets start off with bone stock straight from Kenora to Winnipeg

i wasn't sure what i was going to do with performance mods yet so i got into doing some fix ups with plenty of trips to the junker looking for replacement parts

then the cosmetic fun stuff

the LED obsession begins

then some more exterior goodies after some goof backed into my rear 1/4 panel, man the body shop did a great job and a grille to boot

then the se-r clear corner headlights

mmm winter time

cheapest mod ever and i don't get wacked when i clear the snow off the windsheild

then this, i was going to an Andy Warhol exhibit when i slide around a corner and into a snow bank, luckily it covered the metal railing underneath and only the lower grille was damaged

with spring arrives the new bumper and a lip.

a little grille change up

and today was a big one, suspension & strut bar, man were the old suspension kit dirteeeeeeeeeeeee.i think soon i'll clean up the engine bay

after alot of simple green

hopefully i'll be able to get some wheels before years end if not no biggy but i still have my cai and fsb & rsb to put on, might try end of june but since i'm working on my house its hard to give time to that to.

did the brakes up today.
the goods.

front and rear for cleaning

paint front and rear

all done

finally the CAI, well CAI turned SRI and mounts got added since it took so freakin' long.
i had to do some make shift work as the MAF adapater i got was way to big, so dremel the MAF and booted it up with a short pipe straight to the filter, i didn't hook up the O2 Sensor as it won't extend that far but mayeb later in the year i'll drill a hole in the tube and extend that wiring.

so its chilly outside (+3 actually) and i figured i'd do some shots today
finally got the rev lights working again

and i'm working on some window switch lights to, prob be done in spring though

so first off you'll need some window switches from a 02-06 altima (coudl also be maxima to i just stubbled across these one day at the junker)

you can see ours on the left (non transparent switch and the right transparent switch

take yer switch out

unscrew the 3 aroudn the whote cap

pop the top off the white cap, firstly take the window lock button off carefuly otherwise it won't release from the bottom portion of the unit

pop your switches off

now get your altima switch out, and gently shave the plastic nubs down on the back and middle pieces, this is so you can still go up and down without the switch sticking, trial and error just don't shave off alot at first

drill holes in the base front of each switch area

fit for leds

wire your leds up, i wried all 3 up in series to the master auto button light that is already attached to the board

so now the lights will all come on when you turn the lights on to your car
for the pass and back seat lights i wired them to a power source (cig lighter) so they are always on but you could do that and put a switch somewhere so you can turn them on off on your own
pass & back switch

now my leds were freakin' bright so i used 2 1.5k ohm resistors on the wires (this is what i had in the house), depends what you want to for brightness)
put it all back together

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
02 B15 *Update Sept 10*

i also just replaced all the bulbs in the hvac with leds

·
400hp b15
171 Posts
just stop!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
as if! gotta keep the theme up
guess the camera shots make em look brighter than they really are

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
What kind of antenna is that? I need to replace the broken power folding antenna on my G.

·
Nobody pays me in gum
589 Posts
It looks pretty nice, but the blue lights are getting a little out of hand.
agreed.

I would just look for something with an SR20 powerplant and make that one fast instead of doing a swap.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What kind of antenna is that? I need to replace the broken power folding antenna on my G.
check yer pm

agreed.
I would just look for something with an SR20 powerplant and make that one fast instead of doing a swap.
ya still waiting for a fella to get back to me with pics of his sentra with a sr20 build, hes asking alot though plus i would have to ship the car

·
"Beware the Classic"
870 Posts
that's a nice looking daily driver and it should remain that way. hope you don't decide to add a blue underbody glow kit or anything. i'm with these guys...when you have enough money, just buy an sr20 powered car to save you some trouble. I heard the B13 chassis is the best out of all of them ;)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i would never and those are illegal here.
i have been looking for a sr20 to swap in but anythign close has had engine damage or to far away plus i can get any answers from the jdm stores in Canada if i can direct swap a jdm sr20 or gtir sr20 t (mounts) no prob

that's a nice looking daily driver and it should remain that way. hope you don't decide to add a blue underbody glow kit or anything.

·
My sister is JDM, I'm JTM
298 Posts
Your car is really looking good now. I didn't like the front before, but i guess with the new grill it come together niceley. The new pics look great too, this pic is funny because I work in the building behind the train (if it is Archibald and Plinquet).

Also, be careful with the blue lights they can get out of hand. I know from experience (insert face palm here!)

·
Criminology
1,931 Posts
the pictures came out very nice.

·
DRIVING SER's SINCE 1993!
539 Posts
I think its coming along good .I would grab a set of specv or se side skirts and rear disc set up . I have seen these 1.8's boosted although I dont know how strong the bottom end is ! :cool:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts