SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so after waiting a whole month i finally became the first person in Washington to own a beautiful Molten Silver '02 Sentra SE-R Spec V...

my initial reaction?...looks [email protected] nice...the 17's are just so perfect for the wheelwell...the black housing headlights and the aggressive front bumper, gorgeous!...

the inside is nice too...the red/black interior, brushed aluminum interior pieces, titanium/amber gauge cluster, leather wrapped wheel w/ red stitching, SE-R shift knob...looks much better in person than it does in pictures...and the bucket seats are sweeeeeet!...no need for recaro/sparco's...

280 Watt Rockford Fosgate system w/ subwoofer...very neat idea...the subwoofer is mounted in the trunk and looks cool...aftermarket ideas that are OEM...can't beat that...it bumps pretty decent too...decent enough that i have no need to upgrade...

Handling, wow...thats all i have to say about that...

the 215/45/17's grab the road like crazy...steering is precise, body roll minimal...

Drivetrain/Motor...what can i say?...drives like a dream...has mad torque off the line...i was not able to test the high end seeing as i'm still breaking in the motor...believe me, once i break the 2000 mile mark and i do my first oil change, i'll be out there running redline like crazy...it feels fast, drives smooth like a GS-R but with much more torque...

the 6th gear is kinda hard to find but unlike the magazine reviews, the 6spd manual drives nice...

Overall, its made me very happy...i only got to drive it 100 miles today, i'll rack some more up tomorrow...i love it...

i'd choose it over any car in its class...:D

i'll try to post up pics...but it looks exactly like it does in the magazines...

UPGRADES: i'll keep the mods simple...i'm sure i'll be waiting awhile for new products for my car anyhow...

its in dire need of a good coilover kit...nissans are notorious for being 4x4's...
front/rear lips
powdercoat stock 17's a light gunmetal
CF hood...

·
Registered
729 Posts
Nice man:)
I'm glad you really like it,I wish you the best of luck.....But deffinetly take some great photo's....I am going to my local Nissan dealer either today or tommorrow to check one out....:)

·
Registered
729 Posts
by the way are you apart of the www.B15sentra.net forums?You should post this over there so you can share this story with the rest of the people interested in the Spec-V over there......

·
Registered
171 Posts
once u get that oil change and are done breakin it in, take it to a dyno... i wanna see what it can pull

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i read the article in scc on the new se-r, they seemed to have problems with the power. supossedly it only gets about 146hp at the wheels. thats a dramatic loss. the torque seems right at the wheels. they said it didnt accelerate much faster then the se. this might be due to a tall 2nd gear that engineers make to quicken the 0-60 times. i love the way the car looks, but i still believe they should have used the sr20ve instead ov the qr25. that way it would be easyier to turbo charge it.

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
I bet if you put smaller wheels on the car would accelerate faster due to the matchup of the smaller wheels and the gear ratios.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts