SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know everybody out there is sick of these questions but I couldnt find anything when I searched. My manager at work just got an 03 maxima se automatic and he was talkin some crap to me about it. I know they have like 256 hp and also they are like what 3500 to 4000 lbs? You think I can take him??? My mods are in the signatue. And by the way the car is loaded like no other. He's just kind of an ass and I would like to show him up if possible.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so what you are saying that I shouldnt bet anything on this, correct??? lol

·
Registered
647 Posts
he will smoke you...unless he forgets to start the car

·
"Keep firing, Assholes!"
796 Posts
dude, you'll be embarassed even though it's an auto. those things make a lot of power whatever way you want to look at it. as he^^^ said, by third it would be ugly

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
Unless your car is turbo, I wouldnt mess with the max. I got to drive one, with 3 people in it, and the torque is amazing.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the input. I kinda figured he would take me, thats why I didnt talk a bunch of crap back at him. No need to hurt the ego any more. But on the up side I smoked my other manager driving a sunfire GT the other day. That was kinda funny.

·
"Keep firing, Assholes!"
796 Posts
i would hope you smoked the sunfire...

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
auto is his problem but he will still lay heavy ownage
unless you got cams/header/intake/exhaust you are ****ed

·
"Keep firing, Assholes!"
796 Posts
yeah, i drove my buddie's 2000 maxima se with an auto a few years ago when it was new and it definitely pulled hard in 3-4 gears. i ended up doing 120 before i even realized it and decided to back off.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my mistake, I have my header on, g20 ecu, bare metal trunk and rear seats are out now. I'm looking into cams at the moment and was sure I was going to get the s3's but I have heard some good things about the HKS cams. With this do I have a chance? also any opinions on what cams I should get???

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Bizam18 said:
my mistake, I have my header on, g20 ecu, bare metal trunk and rear seats are out now. I'm looking into cams at the moment and was sure I was going to get the s3's but I have heard some good things about the HKS cams. With this do I have a chance? also any opinions on what cams I should get???

With the header, G20 ECU and especially S3's I think you will have a decent shot of keeping up but he still will probably walk away from you once you get into the higher gears.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
When all is said and done what I really need is a 100 shot huh??? lol

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
SOme boost or a ve

·
"Keep firing, Assholes!"
796 Posts
yeah, i'm not sure why, but for some reason i think nos is cheating. just my personal opinion.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lol "by an inch or a mile, winning is winning" :D
(this was in bad taste but I couldnt help it)

·
Registered
361 Posts
sorry to burst everyones bubble but, an 03 maxima auto will probably only run really low 15s or maybe a 15 flat stock. The 6 speeds run between 14.5-14.7 stock. With this guys mods he would have a good shot at making it a drivers race. Most likely your manager would hit it full throttle on go, or worse rev it up in neutral and drop it into drive, either way he will light the tires up bad.

If you rae him a short distance you have a good chance, after about a quarter mile he will kill you.

My dad has a 03 max which I have driven alot, also had one as a rental for 5 days so I got to beat on one.

·
Banned
2,886 Posts
Bizam18 said:
I know everybody out there is sick of these questions but I couldnt find anything when I searched. My manager at work just got an 03 maxima se automatic and he was talkin some crap to me about it. I know they have like 256 hp and also they are like what 3500 to 4000 lbs? You think I can take him??? My mods are in the signatue. And by the way the car is loaded like no other. He's just kind of an ass and I would like to show him up if possible.
As the owner of an 02 max 6spd, dont mess with it. I think my max with an intake and y-pipe will smoke my fully bolt on SE-R. Unless its all the damn torque the v6 has :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts