SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
TURBO POWAH!!!!
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so how much is .050 over bore in mm I know stock sr20de pistons is 86mm so does that mean .050 = 1.27mm which means final bore is 87.27 mm if that is correct then can I find pistons to fit this bore of 87.27mm to fit in a sr20de??? Or does this mean I also need sleeves?????
Thanks for the help
Mike W.

·
On Vacation
3,821 Posts
NISMOVA said:
so how much is .050 over bore in mm I know stock sr20de pistons is 86mm so does that mean .050 = 1.27mm which means final bore is 87.27 mm if that is correct then can I find pistons to fit this bore of 87.27mm to fit in a sr20de??? Or does this mean I also need sleeves?????
Thanks for the help
Mike W.
It depends what is the goal with your car...boost or N/A :squint:
87mm is the max bore you can run on stock sleeves if you are going to boost it. IIRC, IIRC, 89mm or 90mm is the max you can run w/o needed sleeves if it is for a N/A application.

·
Rebuilding again....
167 Posts
SE-Rawkus said:
It depends what is the goal with your car...boost or N/A :squint:
87mm is the max bore you can run on stock sleeves if you are going to boost it. IIRC, IIRC, 89mm or 90mm is the max you can run w/o needed sleeves if it is for a N/A application.
Eric did a 90mm bore without sleeving, on his turbo motor and its holding up fine last I heard.
http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=110285

·
TURBO POWAH!!!!
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone the ad I was reading is a mis print actually it is .50 so I need 86.5mm pistons thank goodness I don't want it that much over bore
Thanks for the help though guys

·
REV it up!!!!!
1,579 Posts
IMO also if building a block with 90mm pistons.sleeves are the way to go....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts