SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys want to have an idea of how much in terms of 1/4 miles times a 25, 50 and 75 shot of NOS would make meaning how much faster in secs would each of these jet sizes make, a ball park figure would be great.
BTW, most of the popular bolt ones are on with 2 1/4" pipe and the shot is wet.
Thanks alot guys

·
Registered
129 Posts
25hp= .5-.75 second drop ET, adds 4-6mph.

50hp= .8-1 second drop ET, adds 8-10mph

75hp= 1.1.5 second drop, adds 12-15mph

ET is based on available traction. With a good clutch and slicks, 1.9 or better 60fts are possible even with 25hp shot.

Trap Speed is usually the most reilable factor when comparing "shots"

·
Registered
129 Posts
You can tell a 50hp shot on most compacts because trap speeds hover around 95mph. With 75hp shot, it usually jumps to around 99-100mph. 25hp would get you roughly 5mph more over stock speed.

That's based on cars with mid to high 15 second performance off the bottle.

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
1.9 60fts are possible on Street tires if you have all the things to do it! I did it on some regular old khumos on 16psi! I got the slip to prove it! But its like a 1 in 10000 chance that you can get it that low!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks alot guys, its an auto lsd jdm conversion so I am hoping to see some nice results with the nx wet setup I am buying
you think with a fpr, 6a and blaster ss a 75 shot would be good or would it be overkill?

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
If it's auto be carefull or your tranny won't last too long. I have gotten 2.0 60ft's on street tires with my dry 75 shot, but mostly 2.1's. I also spray off the line btw. As soon as I take off at a whopping 2300 rpms, I'm spraying.

And people say you can't run a bigger dry shot btw....bleh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts