SR20 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well just thought I would let everyone know my 1/4 mile times. Finally hit 14's after constantly low 15.0's

2.262 60' on dunlops wd50's
14.832 at 93.50 mph.

mods: PR CAI, jwt s4 cams, ecu, hs gen 3 header, 2.25 exhaust, gc/agx's es mounts and about 100 pounds of lightening.

Nice to be in the 14's.

-Art

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Congrats art. I think i'm heading to New england dragway next week to see how I do.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket, JUN CAMS (264's 10.5mm lift)

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
Awesome bro! Must feel good as hell. I will be deep into them pretty soon.!

------------------
Robert Ocasio
92 Classic
--------------
Primera swap,NOS,PR CAI,H/S Header,MSD, Custom Exhaust

My 92 Classic

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
"Must feel good as hell. I will be deep into them pretty soon.!"

Nah...you get used to 14s after a while. Ho hum...

Just kidding. Nice times, slow97ser! Keep going!

------------------
Greg Perry, '93 SE-R w/ 149,000 miles, a proud customer of Nitrous Oxide Systems, Inc., [email protected] 1/4 mile, [email protected] 1/8 mile, 1.98 60-ft.

My SE-R page, with videos

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Art, I'm still trying to figure out how i beat you that day. How do you like the ground controls?

------------------
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket, JUN CAMS (264's 10.5mm lift)

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
Very nice Art! Is that on street tires. Your mph is pretty high. I got the same time w/ a bad 60ft time. The mph on mine was lower than that? I bet you can get a lower time than that. Good luck.

------------------
Mark Merliss
97 SR20 SE-R(Pacific sun blue)

[email protected] w/ s4's,jwt ecu, muffler, and a styrafoam air filter.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The ground controls rock! I can feel the tires give away when taking a corner fast rather than the whole car leaning.I keep them at 3 in front and 6 in back. I have the 350/250 set.
I bought an 88 jetta (wanna race?)
as a winter beater and just to put things in perspective I was VERY close to flipping the car because I neglected to remember the handling limits of the jetta taking turns as quickly as with the SE-R.

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
Be careful man,
I did the same thing when I had my Nissan stanza. Up on two wheels. Landed on some guys lawn. Ask KPW97 about that. He will tell you the story.

------------------
Mark Merliss
97 SR20 SE-R(Pacific sun blue)

[email protected] w/ s4's,jwt ecu, muffler, and a styrafoam air filter.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Yeah man, be careful. I guess I over estimated the stock se-r suspsension and actually spun my thing around on an on ramp last weekend. There was a shitload of traffic, luckily I was able to regain control and stay in the breakdown lane. Needless to say, I've been taking it easy for the most part since then.

------------------

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 97 Black SER:
Art, I'm still trying to figure out how i beat you that day. How do you like the ground controls?

</font>
What? When did this happen? Was this after we fixed Art's cam timing?

Art, congrats. If you mph in the mid 94 you got a low low 14 in there on some slicks.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Jay, I remember telling you about that on the phone. What was up with his cam timing? I thought it was his ignition timing which you mentioned you didn't check after the cam install because art said it was all set. Mark was with me as well as suby shawn. It was in the summer on the way to a rice show at chics on 91. When we both hit it he was never ahead, no matter what gear we were both in. I'm still a little baffeled as to why it happened.

------------------
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket, JUN CAMS (264's 10.5mm lift), Mille Magnia Spider wheels

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
>>Don't worry, I won't spray.

riiighht..

although it would be interesting to see how much you spank me with the juice.

-Art

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This was before jay fixed my cam timing AND my ignition timing. Because the cam timing chain was about ~10 degrees off , one link retarted(?) the timing was off about ~10. Therefore as I saw it, I moved the distributor ALL the way forward, away from the cabin to compensate for the retarded timing.

As of recently, Ryan and I haven't participated in any contests of speed
since my car has been retuned with the timing in spec.

-Art

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Ah, I wasn't aware that your cam timing was off. I thought your ignition timing might have been off. We'll have a go at it most likely in the spring. Don't worry, I won't spray.

------------------
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket, JUN CAMS (264's 10.5mm lift), Mille Magnia Spider wheels

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
jayely1 said:
Hey what do you think i can run with CAI (short ram) ,G20 ECU, Header, short shift, Muffler??? THANKS
9.83 @ 145mph, give or take.

Please don't dig up 5 year old threads to ask questions.

<Closed>

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.