SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I need help on this. Is $1,500 for a 100% complete (1997) SR20DE with axles, harness, ECU and FWD 5 speed tranny a good deal? Please post your thoughts/experiences. Thanks

·
Registered
727 Posts
Why not jsut go a couple hundred more and get the bad ass DET? TURBO BABY!!! :D

·
_______
2,170 Posts
Getting the tranny as well is nice, but I think it sounds a little on the high side. Bear in mind that Canadian dollars are worth almost 50% less than US ones: I've gotten 3 SR20DEs for swaps up here, 2 of them were $700, and one was $750.

They all have fewer than 60,000 kms on them, and they're JDM (150 hp) engines.

So, $1500 US sounds high to me.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. Would anyone know of good sources of used complete engines w/tranny? I've called Soko (they want $1,450) and contacted many other popular engine providers. Most do not respond to me probably b/c I'm in Hawaii. Any info in greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
I have no Idea what the hell you people are talkin about thats a great price. Lets say the motor is $600, trans $400, Axles $150 for the pair, $150 for ECU, $50 for flywheel and clutch, Wireharness $100.

The prices I listed are good prices for these parts anywhere, and they add up to $1450. So in my opinion you guys have no ****in idea what you are talkin about. on top of it he does not have to waiste time and money calling up and down the place and he does not have to pay for shipping. So he is saving money buying that stuff.

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
Take it easy Andreas, no reason to get hostile. I think it all depends on what you plan on doing with the engine, if you are dropping it in something other then an SE-R, then it is worth it, however, if you just want to replace an engine thats already in an SE-R, I think its pointless to get everything, since you already have the harness, ecu, tranny, etc, and at this point a DET would be more beneficial, and it would be around the same price, if not less.

·
Registered
727 Posts
you guys have no ****in idea what you are talkin about.
Three words: RIT A LIN

And Im through!

:D J/K Andreas!!

·
Registered
727 Posts
So you are getting the DET then? :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts