SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 15x7 rims.received my ad22vf front rotors from courtesy and stock se-r rear rotors.the nissam motorsports manual says that I need to get the master cyl. from nx due to "front to rear brake proportioning" is this true? does any one just have the ad22vf fronts and stock rears. can't I just adjust the brake pedal? or do I need to buy the rear set up also? hope not.I don't auto cross or any thing. also bought the good ridge lines.I wanna have every thing ready for the project!

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
You don't need the NX master cylinder. The rears are fine staying the same. Just put the AD22VFs on the front with their proper pads and rotors, and leave the rears stock (with new parts as I understand it) and you'll be great.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good lookin' out .how bout the pedal? do i have to mess with it?

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
no you dont have to touch the MC or the pedal. You might adjust the pedal if you dont like how they feel. by taking out some of the free play you will get a little higher up on the pedal travel contact but its not needed. i didnt touch my MC or free play on the pedal and its pretty good

------------------
Thats my opinion and I could be wrong

93 classic
Aztec Red, Automatic, POP, STB, OEC battery tie down, AD22VF's, Pirelli P4000's

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
If you don't get MC the pedal might not 'feel' as good as before. I have heard that Goodridge SS brake hoses firm up the pedal alot. I had upgrade on my first '91 front locked up WAY too easy on 195/50/15 .I have them waiting to go on my second '91 when I can save up for rotors and SS brake lines hope to fair better with 205/40/16 555's Nitz

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
man I can't wait! was my christmas gift from the wife and I feel like a kid who ripped up the gift wrap and can see the toy and feel the toy but they didn't give him the batteries for the damn thing!hehe I wanna play!

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
ive only locked up my brakes once when i was showing off too much on 185/60/14 which i still run that size. my pedal feels just fine. actualy not too much different than stock just a little firmer past the top. the NX MC will make the pedal mushy from everyone i know that put it in. replacing the mc is something that you shouldnt even consider. there is absolutly no reason in it unless yours is shot then i would grab a stock on at that. and i swear it moves the balance a little more rearward. cause there is more fluid to move up front cause of the larger piston size. and the for the same ammount of effort there is less pressure cause of the larger ammount of fluid being moved. and my experiance slideing the other day really shows that. i taped the brakes out of stupidity and not driving a FWD car fast too much, the rear end slid out cause of over braking. george, shell, me, and about everyone else that has done this upgrade in the last 4 years i would guess hasnt replaced the MC and no complaints so far. from what george said the car he drove once with the nx MC it was mushy compared to the beast. thats what ive heard from everyone. and i throughly researched the ad22vf upgrade for a few months before i did it. getting opinions and ideas in line first. thats what i got, do the calps, pads, and rotors stock for a nontrack use car. if you go road racing a good set of pads like porterfields will help. new pads and rotors if needed for the rear helps makes the car really haul down. and then lines if you want a stiffer peddal. and the way to go on them are the SMC lines. so what they arent DOT approved they are actualy much better quality than the goodridge lines. thats what i would go with, kojima, and others like george really recomend them and seeing them with my eyes they are a quality piece. lots of people are using them, they are lot sturdier than the goodridge lines. but dont touch the MC believe me, ived done the research everyone that did it complains about mushy brakes. stock mc feels great, you can ask ben and eric my brakes felt pretty close to stock. little tighter and the ability to haul your butt down.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool, thanks fellas! no mc for me. this weekend is the project.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts