SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see all the talk on turbos and such , thought it might be interesting to check into building a killer NA SR20 talked to Jim at JWT and he said they offered pistons , block boring , ecu etc. He said they were real busy right now and couldn't talk at length about it.(Plan to call back later when they are not busy) Anyone know of someone who has tried to build one or has. Or any websites that cover a high comp build up thought it might be a little simplier and somewhat cheaper to build an NA, I have 2 spare sr20's sitting around. Like to build one up. Any help?

[Edited by skyliner (10-19-2000 at 09:28 PM).]

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
yeah, there's a guy named Brett Ezell from Montgomery, AL that had an SE-R with 11:1, full engine mods and he ran, check this, 13.89s all day on this NA monster! You might be able to find info on SE-R.net if your lucky

G

·
0 Posts
Give me shout on how you got on with your NA SR20 build. I want to do exactly that here in the UK where parts are rare for the SR20. I would like to gain about 50bhp taking me upto about 190bhp-200bhp.

G

·
0 Posts
hey jason92...i live in montgomery and i am putting a gti-r in my nx2000...do you happen to know how i can get in touch with this brett ezell guy or whatever??

·
wants to go play
2,230 Posts
Mike Kojima, George Roffe, and Mike Pahls also built one. I've driven ( and even autocrossed, Thanks Mike) Mike's car. It pulls fantasticly strong and smooth but it's a high dollar investment. It would be *far* cheaper to go turbo for the smae or more power. I've been for rides in turbo cars before and the potential is far easier to attain. It all depends on what you want to do with the car. Personally I'd be more comfortable on the track in Mike's. It takes a big time and money commitment. You can see what George put into his car at http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/GeoSER.htm

Blair

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
Hey, sorry it took so long to respond. Try SE-R.net and look up his name. You should get his email address from there. Or try information on "Brett Ezell". I'm sure of the spelling.

·
Ironman
1,820 Posts
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/beast-toc.htm>

A DET is cheaper and easier. Bring lots of money.

BTW, Brett Ezelle's car was *not* 11:1 CR.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts