SR20 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
natulog sa pansitan!
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
need some info with u VE people.

i have a custom ARIAS piston that was design to my bluebird det converting to N/A with :
12.5.1 CR,86.5mm bore with deep valve relief on pistons to give clearance on valves, what would be the CR if i put this on a 20ve motor??:confused: and how bout put the whole DET block with 20ve head?:confused:

i have some parts left i have that i was goin to use to build an N/A det,can u guys tell me if i should use them or useless or i dont needed to.....

arias pistons as said above ^^^
eagle h beam rods
arp head studs
det 8CW crank knifeedge and balanced,micropolished(was grinded due to have some scratched on journals [dont know how much of thous inch]not sure
u13 det block bored and honed for 86.5mm,cleaned and ready to get build

i was goin to build this thing but changed of plan,instead im goin for 20ve swap,i been in turbo for a long time and i gave up on this(got bored of boost:tongue: )
this is goin on my 91 ser daily driver.

apologized on long thread..hope i can get some help on u guys,thnx in advanced:biggthump

·
SR20 ENTHUSIAST
679 Posts
i have a custom ARIAS piston that was design to my bluebird det converting to N/A with :
12.5.1 CR,86.5mm bore with deep valve relief on pistons to give clearance on valves, what would be the CR if i put this on a 20ve motor??:confused: and how bout put the whole DET block with 20ve head?:confused:

^^ Someone knows the answer to that. Bump.

Chris

·
natulog sa pansitan!
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow 14.4.1 cr that pretty high for a street car with 91oct pump pee:squint:
can i get away with it by putting a big cams on this compression?
need to know if i should do it or leave my vvl as is(stock block)and build the head?

·
natulog sa pansitan!
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thnx for chiming in guys...i guess ill just leave my ve stock for the mean time....

·
Ser Charles
1,948 Posts
Dennis, if you put a DE bottom end with those pistons, it will be between 11.8-1 to 12-1 compression.

·
natulog sa pansitan!
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
thats wat i thinkin too ^^^ :confused:

but if zerogravity is right(hopefully) i prolly do it then if its goin to be that range of CR..

·
Baby Blue VVL
3,202 Posts
a 12.5CR 86.5mm DE piston (87mm head gasket) will = 13.75CR in a sr20VE

If the cc of the DE is 46

If the cc is 48 then the it will be 14.43CR in a SR20VE

·
natulog sa pansitan!
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i guess my ill be sellin the 12.5.1 cr de pistons,i cant use it on my 20ve,its too high for my needs.

thnx for help VE people for the inputs..:)

MY sr20ve is coming tommorow morning!!!im excited!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts