SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
95NismoB14grl
Joined
·
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WEll i got the BC working right and now its time to make a decision. What do you guys think about the PSI i should run??SIG has the mods.
 

·
95NismoB14grl
Joined
·
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not sure the comp.but it was bought from SOKO. And i run MOBIL 93 octane and thats it!!
 

·
sleeper
Joined
·
5,445 Posts
i wouldn't go past 12psi.... you might get away with 15 but listen for detonation. I have a feeling 18 is too high.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,409 Posts
I wouldnt run more than 10psi on a stock comp DE motor. If its a det 12-15 max with pump gas is what i run daily.
 

·
On Vacation
Joined
·
3,821 Posts
Low612 said:
I wouldnt run more than 10psi on a stock comp DE motor. If its a det 12-15 max with pump gas is what i run daily.
You can get away with 12 psi (max) on a DE motor. 12+ psi..better have a DET.

Manny
 

·
95NismoB14grl
Joined
·
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WOW!!! I ran 15psi on my old T3 super 60 all last year!!
 

·
TT Tuning
Joined
·
1,977 Posts
:rolleyes: come on 10 to 12 on a stock 9.5 motor.maybe if it was a honda the motor can handle a lot more then that. 15 psi is a walk in the park. just keep your eye on the egt's and listen for detonation
 

·
On Vacation
Joined
·
3,821 Posts
Nismo91ser said:
WOW!!! I ran 15psi on my old T3 super 60 all last year!!
You must have a DET.
15 psi might be a cakewalk for the 9.5:1 motor, but that is really pushing the limits. I personally don't want to ever hear the sound of the so-called "pinging."
It is better to be safe than sorry. On the other hand..if I get my hands on some C16 gas...15 psi all day long.

Manny
 

·
95NismoB14grl
Joined
·
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hehe AFSTEGG is my brother and he has a JDM SR20 too. I guess the Miller brothers are crazy!!! We both ran 15psi last year, on 93 octane and no pinging!
 

·
On Vacation
Joined
·
3,821 Posts
Nismo91ser said:
hehe AFSTEGG is my brother and he has a JDM SR20 too. I guess the Miller brothers are crazy!!! We both ran 15psi last year, on 93 octane and no pinging!
I know there must be a sibling rivalry...So who is faster??? :D

Manny
 

·
SNAIL SQUAD
Joined
·
10,271 Posts
SE-Rawkus said:
I know there must be a sibling rivalry...So who is faster??? :D

Manny

Thats a good question. My money is on the Classic. I am biased :tongue:
 

·
TT Tuning
Joined
·
1,977 Posts
you shouldn't be so biased ;) i have a classic now but afstegg dont stand for aslowegg
 

·
95NismoB14grl
Joined
·
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nope no rivalry here..my bros new classic is probly faster then mine..he's got smaller wheels and no body kit and no system. He goes for faster and im BOTH.We help each other out..you know kinda like

"WE HAD OUR HANDS IN IT!!!!!"
 

·
On Vacation
Joined
·
3,821 Posts
afstegg said:
you shouldn't be so biased ;) i have a classic now but afstegg dont stand for aslowegg
I guessed you realized that Classics are better :D :tongue:

Manny
 

·
Tired!
Joined
·
10,149 Posts
Low612 said:
I wouldnt run more than 10psi on a stock comp DE motor. If its a det 12-15 max with pump gas is what i run daily.
That seems a little ultra conservative there man. I boosted 15psi all day long on 93 octane with my BB motor, and i could run 18-19psi on the dyno if i wanted. Never heard any detonation with the stock ignition and i used a wideband O2 when I dynoed. I think he is safe running 12psi even with the 9.5:1 cr as long as he uses premium.

Brent
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
coach said:
That seems a little ultra conservative there man. I boosted 15psi all day long on 93 octane with my BB motor, and i could run 18-19psi on the dyno if i wanted. Never heard any detonation with the stock ignition and i used a wideband O2 when I dynoed. I think he is safe running 12psi even with the 9.5:1 cr as long as he uses premium.

Brent


Yup, I have a US spec motor (9.5CR) and I run 12psi all the time with 93oct.

Dan.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top