SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyways, I went outside and with the help of my trusty old tape measure, conversion table and offset calculator and I came up with some figures for the stock wheels at current ride height (have no clue how much a drop it has, but the rear is close to tucking, if that gives you any idea and thats how I bought it)

Anyways, on to numbers:
edge of rear wheels - fender lining ~ 1.7 inches (43.__mm)
edge of front wheels - fender lining ~ 1.2 inches (30.__mm) (or was it 1 inch, bah, more worried about back anywho)
camber due to drop - unknown currently
Current wheel specs - 15x6 + 40mm offset 195/55 tires (Kuhmo ASXs if I remebr currectly) all around

Now, with those numbers in mind, running a 15x8 wheel with something along the lines of a +15 offset just aint gonna fit as for both clearance to the strut and fender.

Can anyone chime in on this and let me know if its possible to fit an 8inch wide wheel with a given offsets?? Mightily curious.

Thanks, Chris

·
Done.
3,923 Posts
I hate to sound negative, but I remember MANY times asking this question only to be shot down. I just don't think an 8" wide wheel is going to fit without disturbing the suspension.

Best of luck, though, and I'll follow this closely as well.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I asked twice over in the 200sx section but noone really gave me a definate answer.

My feelings are the rears will fit with minor to no work (just tack on the negative camber and shave the strut collar). As for the front, Might stick out a bit further (again, hoping to fix with camber and strut clearancing). I am just not certain if these thoughts are justified and came on here to find out.

I also searched through the forums and zip.................nothing..........nada :sigh:

Personally, handling is not a priority as its my daily and I just prefer the look of a deep lip, flush wheels, and streched tires. Just preference

I have a weekend car for heavy suspension/auto-x/etc.

·
SR powered S13 coupe
6,728 Posts
put "6UL" in the search engine. You will find two good threads talking about 15x8 wheel fitment for the B13... use that, the B14 shares has the same fitment issues up front as the B13 does and has a hell of alot more room in the rear to work with.

Also, PM member Wes... he is running some very large hooisers for autocross without any major issues.

·
Hostile Aberration
4,820 Posts
put "6UL" in the search engine. You will find two good threads talking about 15x8 wheel fitment for the B13... use that, the B14 shares has the same fitment issues up front as the B13 does and has a hell of alot more room in the rear to work with.

Also, PM member Wes... he is running some very large hooisers for autocross without any major issues.
Thanks Monty for that suggestion on "6UL."

I already had Toolapcfans thread, I was about to post it. However, I did not have the zerogravity thread.

Both threads are now included in this:

http://www.sr20forum.com/driveline-transmission/170794-b13-b14-b15-suspension-information.html

RalliartRsX, please see "A Few Words About Wheels And Tires." It also includes other threads about "How Much Wheel And Tire Can I Stuff Under My Car" which is the subcategory you are looking for. :D

You cannot escape the gravitational pull of The Suspension Thread, it has become a black hole of information. LOL.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks very much for all that info !!!

I am currently perusing the 2 6UL threads as we speak and will be getting to the suspension later on this evening.

Thanks, Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts