SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is for people who have 16 inch wheels and 205/40/16 tires...couple of questions??

1. What is your offset??
2. What tire brand are you using?
3. Did you have to roll your fenders(front/rear) or just rear?
4. Are you using any spacers? If so what size?

Thanks in advance!! :D :D

·
Bitter Old Man
2,623 Posts
1. Check my web site.
2. Yokohama AVS Intermediate
3. Neither
4. No.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response, however I didn't see anything on the website link you had in your response on your offset?? Maybe I just didn't look in the right place?? thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Generally on FWD cars you don't have to worry about offset. Just about any wheel that's +38-40mm will fit, unless it's more than seven inches wide.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK I found your website Slartibartfast....however the 16 inch wheels I'm looking at are 16x7 and yours were 16x7.5, I think that this will make a difference?? I could be wrong, but the wheels I want are 40mm offset and i just want to find out if I will have any problems with rubbing or anything. Thanks for the help!!

·
NEOphile
307 Posts
I've heard that 40mm offset is prime for b13s. You shouldn't have any worries. PM me in a few days... I'm getting 16" Rota Subz in the mail and they're 40mm offset. I'll tell you how they fit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool white classic, I'll PM you in a couple of days, or Pm me after you put them on and check everything out. what tires are you getting?? thanks for your input!!

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
1. 16x7 Konig Wildcard +38 iirc
2. Yokohama ES100 205-45-16 (not exactly the same as yours but close)
3. No but if I left them on I would have had to roll the rear b/c they rubbed
4. Nope spacers would have made it worse since it was rubbing on the fender not the strut body

·
NEOphile
307 Posts
I just got these wheels in today and there's no way in hell the tires would clear the strut. The tire was on the strut so bad I didn't even have to lower it to the ground to tighten up the lugs!!! I've got 16" rota subz and 205/50/16 tires. Hey 95se-r, did you use spacers? I think the b14 crowd has a lot more room betw. the tire and strut, because the guy who sold them to me said he had them on his car (a b14) for a few months. I think I'm going to go with 205/40/16s. I don't want to get another set of tires and have them rub, too.

·
Too busy to post
600 Posts
1. Borbet 5 16x7.5 40offset (I think, How can you check? bought used)
2. Sumutos (sp?) 205/40/16
3. None
4. None

I put them on for ~3 weeks while my stocks were getting powdercoated. They rubbed only on hard bumps with passengers, never alone. but I it was with a blown stock suspension. I will see if spacers are needed once I put them back on when my Coil Overs get here. mid april.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
1.) Konig GTR 16x7 Wheels offset is 40 ( I think, not positive)
2.) Toyo Proxes FZ4 Tires (205/40/16)
3.) No
4.) No

I was looking to get some 205/45/16 tires for a set of BSA wheels that I have, but now I'm not sure if that's possible. 40 series tires ride pretty rough and I'd like that extra padding if I can have it.
So, just to be clear. 205/45/16's won't clear the fenders on B13's?

·
SE-R On A Budget
97 Posts
I test fitted a set of 16x6.5 inch wheels with a 44mm offset that had 205/40/16 kumhos. They fit well, but was pretty close to the strut in the rear.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts