SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my buddy has a 91 se-r and the idiot who had the car before him put 65 series tires on his car, which is a joke...anyway, my friend was thinking about going to the stock 60 series tires...but..do u guys recommmend the 195/55 series tires over the 185/60's?? I have the 195/55 which are stock NX2000 tires and they handle incredibly on the road.....what do u guys think??? Should he spend the extra cash on the 195/55?? will it throw off his car at all?? thanks for your input guys in advance..

------------------
1992 Nissan NX2000
White...fully loaded

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
I have 195/55/14 Dunlop SP8000s on my stock SE-R wheels. They are great and they don't throw the car off at all. They do bulge out at the sides a bit, but it's not too bad.

------------------
Antonio Garcia
91 SE-R w/ lots of stuff
Bay Area, CA

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
According to SE-R.net, 195/55 throws off the speedometer about 1%. So, when the gauge says that he's going 70mph, he would really be going 69mph. That's not bad.

I have 205/55-14 R-compound tires on my stock Classic rims for track and autocross, and they fit...barely. I wouldn't bother going up to 205/50-14 on a street tire, even if you could find any in that size.

There are more choices in 185/60, but he might like the slightly lower sidewall of 195/55 if he enjoys backroads driving.

·
Registered
94 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by AntonioG:
I have 195/55/14 Dunlop SP8000s on my stock SE-R wheels. They are great and they don't throw the car off at all. They do bulge out at the sides a bit, but it's not too bad.

</font>
I totally agree - the SP8000s in that size are great summer tires. Now, if I could only find an all-season tire of the same size, with similar performance...

·
Registered
94 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by AntonioG:

</font>
I totally agree - the SP8000s in that size are great summer tires. Now, if I could only find an all-season tire of the same size, with similar performance...

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
I got my sp8000s from America's Tire (same as Discount Tire) and they got them for me for ~$80/tire. Luckily I'm in CA and snow isn't an issue for me. Highly recommended in warmer climates!

------------------
Antonio Garcia
91 SE-R w/ lots of stuff
Bay Area, CA

·
Registered
708 Posts
I just installed the Falken Azenis 195/60/14 tires on my 92 SE-R. Some people think they look kinda big but they are real sticky 200 tread wear. Also I heard that even though the P8000's are very nice a freind reported losing about 4 mile to the gallon on his
CRX using these tires and they wore out very quickly. He has since put the Falkens on his car and his milage is back. Just something to think about. Also the I found the Azenis at a local tire shop for $44 each. All four mounted and balanced with tax cost me 217.20. Because they are bigger they will put less recorded miles on your car which is important to me since I drive about a 100 miles a day RT to work. Here is a picture of my car with them on:

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Now, if I could only find an
all-season tire of the same size, with similar performance... </font>
You'll never find any. When a tire manufacturer come out with a new tire, they seem to ignore 14" rims. The Kumho 712 is a fine example. This is why I diched the 14s and bought some 15s. There's a much better selection out there.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

G

·
Has anybody tried the toyo t1-s on the stock rims. I know they make 195/55 so ill probably get those. Any info before i do the purchase would be appreciated

1 - 10 of 10 Posts