SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a Nissan 240SX last Wednseday I'm doing a SR20DET engine swap, I'm might buy a front clip from a Solar Imports gotta do more research.

I was wondering where I can get a RHD conversion done in any shops in Texas, I'm going to buy a front clip that includes the dash and everything so I can do the conversion, I want a RHD conversion so it will be different from other SR20DET powered 240SX's. I really want RHD its something about being on the opposite side thats just so different, from other cars on the road. ;)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Best thing, buy a front clip of a sylvia or 180sx and piece it together. don't try to just buy all the parts.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
all I can say is have fun cutting up a perfect car, it will not work, it will not handle correctly, and you will be destroying a perfectly good car, but its you car :)

·
aka Mr Ryte on G20.net
1,478 Posts
BHayes_S13Coupe said:
I recently bought a Nissan 240SX last Wednseday I'm doing a SR20DET engine swap, I'm might buy a front clip from a Solar Imports gotta do more research.

I was wondering where I can get a RHD conversion done in any shops in Texas, I'm going to buy a front clip that includes the dash and everything so I can do the conversion, I want a RHD conversion so it will be different from other SR20DET powered 240SX's. I really want RHD its something about being on the opposite side thats just so different, from other cars on the road. ;)
:confused: All that??? Just to be different? You might as well just import a RHD car from Japan for all the trouble and $$$$ you'll be going through.......

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I agree with Brian, that **** will not only handle crappy, but you will get pull over by Five-O very often, all that for being different? Just swap the engine and it will be perfect.

FYI. if you want. weld the front and rear of the 240 to the front clip, seriously less headache.
I did to a civic once.

·
Registered
348 Posts
doing a RHD conversion is a MAJOR PITA. My friend wanted to do that when he did his swap in my garage, which im proud to say has been home to 7 silvia swaps and 1 bluebird swap! hehe. But he got a front clip and was looking at all the crap you have to do, yeah majorly not worth it unless you have a deep wallet and plenty of curse words that arent even in most dictionaries...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts