SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what motor does a 1991-1994 sentra special edition come with? the car looks just like an se-r spoiler,front bumper, sunroof.is it 1.6 or a 2.0? me and my friend flipped his se-r trying to autocross! need another one! lol!

·
Now accepting donations!!
3,394 Posts
the ONLY sentra (91-94) with sr20 is the se-r. XE, SE, E, and LE all have the 1.6

·
SE-R Mana
759 Posts
Also, the B13 Sentra Special Edition was only available for the '94 model year.

·
P10 Geek
1,565 Posts
Hawaii_SE-R said:
Also, the B13 Sentra Special Edition was only available for the '94 model year.
Wasn't it also only a 4-door? Or wait...

...the only '94 that I remember being "special" was the Limited Edition, not Special Edition. It was a combination of parts from the B13 Sentra parts bins so Nissan could use up all the Tennessee parts before the B14 was released.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
The "Limited Edition" was a special model because of the extra options. They seem to be 94 only but I am not positive. The 4 door ones had power locks and windows. The 2 door ones looked similar to the SE and SE-R.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have seen a white b13 with factory side graphics that said special edition, and on the back it said se-r.

·
-John-
690 Posts
trophy said:
I have seen a white b13 with factory side graphics that said special edition, and on the back it said se-r.
They may have been placed on by a dealer as their own "special edition" deal. I know a guy who was tricked into paying 3K over on a Durango because the dealer convinced him the racing stripes were a factory package which included leather and other stuff. Later he figured out it was just a SLT so he basically paid 3K extra just for a stick on racing stripe($100 almost anywhere ya go).

·
Registered
655 Posts
WHats the deal with the inner tail lights. i thought they were SE-R exclusive. Ive soo many XEs LEs and others running around with the inners. I doubt the owners swapped em out cuz ive seen granny's running around with em.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
on the last model year of almost all nissan cars they make a limeted edition that will help them emty teyre parts bin before the new model comes.
EX; 94 sentra, 99 sentra they also have an 04 Limeted now
99 altima, and 03 maxima

·
Master Cunnilingust
4,713 Posts
Here's my understanding of B13 trim:

E - had no power steering, no A/C, driver only manual mirror, no side trim or swaybars, gray bumpers.

XE - power steering, black side trim, power mirrors, painted bumpers, power steering, rear defrost, optional A/C and cruise.

SE - power steering, no side trim, SE-R seats, swaybars, power mirrors, rear defrost A/C and cruise options.

LE - Inner tails, power steering, SE-R seats, power mirrors, swaybarss, color matched bumpers and trim, A/C and cruise options, rear defrost.

GXE - only in 4 door, inner tails, power steering, power mirrors, SE-R seats, swaybars, rear spoiler, color matched trim, bumpers, handles, mirrors and grill, power windows and locks, A/C, rear defrost, 4 wheel ABS discs (CL18's up front, AD7's in back).

SE-R - sr20 engine, bigger sways, spoiler, power steering, painted trim and bumpers, foglamps and front bumper, 14" wheels, 4 wheel discs (AD18's up front, AD7's in back), rear defrost. Sunroof, ABS and cruise all optional.

All 4 doors had power belts. Sunroof and spoiler I believe were options on all trim levels. Some E models came with painted grills. There were XE Limited Editions which were made during the 93.5 production run but were XE's in every sense. Too bad they didn't put power windows and locks, painted mirrors, grill and handles on the SE-R but that's easy enough to change and I think I prefer the grill black.

·
GT2835R
7,609 Posts
sakerocket1 said:
on the last model year of almost all nissan cars they make a limeted edition that will help them emty teyre parts bin before the new model comes.
EX; 94 sentra, 99 sentra they also have an 04 Limeted now
99 altima, and 03 maxima
Yup, I have one of them. Good thing mine came with an SR20, although theres was a limited edition 1.6

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Toolapcfan said:
LE - Inner tails, power steering, SE-R seats, power mirrors, swaybarss, color matched bumpers and trim, A/C and cruise options, rear defrost.

GXE - only in 4 door, inner tails, power steering, power mirrors, SE-R seats, swaybars, rear spoiler, color matched trim, bumpers, handles, mirrors and grill, power windows and locks, A/C, rear defrost, 4 wheel ABS discs (CL18's up front, AD7's in back).

I think these are all correct, except I don't believe those models came with the SE-R seats, because it really wouldn't make sense to put a tough hard seat in the more luxurious models. I think only the SE and the SE-R (obviously) came with those seats.

·
Irish carbomb destroyer.
1,475 Posts
Toolapcfan said:
Here's my understanding of B13 trim:

E - had no power steering, no A/C, driver only manual mirror, no side trim or swaybars, gray bumpers.
my 91 B13 E came with A/C .. and Passanger side mirror but thats it hehe

·
Registered
495 Posts
I owned one. Bought it brand new from the Dealer in '95.

My beautiful jet black '94 Sentra XE Limited Edition.

It was an XE with the SE-R body trim (SE-R bumper covers, and sideskirts). It also included a Factory stereo I've never seen in any other nissan.

In '97 the service manager at my local dealership told me almost all of them (80%) were sold in the mid-west.

·
Bitter Old Man
2,623 Posts
SE had spoiler.

Primary external idents for SE-R are foglamps, rear disc brakes, SE-R badge on trunk, wheels.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have seen se-r wheels on non se-r sentras. This is on a b13 and a b14.

·
Fast and unobtrusive....
375 Posts
iNGEN said:
I owned one. Bought it brand new from the Dealer in '95.

My beautiful jet black '94 Sentra XE Limited Edition.

It was an XE with the SE-R body trim (SE-R bumper covers, and sideskirts). It also included a Factory stereo I've never seen in any other nissan.

In '97 the service manager at my local dealership told me almost all of them (80%) were sold in the mid-west.

I'm in Knoxville, TN, & I've seen 2 very clean Classic Limited Editions cruising around, one each, black & burgundy, which is exactly one more than the single Classic SE-R I've seen running around: red, '92 (I think), & beat to crap.

Just saw the burgundy one today (7/5/05) & chased it down to take a moving look, but had to peel off to return to work. I'd love to find an automatic one for my about-to-be-driving son, if I can't find an automatic Classic SE-R. Yeah, yeah, I know....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts