SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
BOOST OR GO HOME!!!!!
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE A BLACK NX2K FOR SALE IT HAS CROSS DRILL ROTORS APEXI EXHAUST EIBACH SPORTLINE SPRINGS TOKICO SHOCKS NEED FRONT CHIN SPOILER I HAVE ONE BUT IT IS NOT PAINTED IT NEED NEW TIRES BUT I HAVE FACTORY RIMS CHANGE BOTH AXLES RUNS GOOD HAVE 110,000 MILES ON IT ASKING $2,500 I HAVE NEW RIMS AND TIRES OF YOU WANT THEM IT WILL COST $700 DOLLARS IM ONLY SELLING THE RIMS WITH THE SELL OF THE CAR

------------------

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
why are you getting rid of such a beautiful car?

------------------
92' NX 2k..Weapon-R intake(with cold air extension),arospeed exhaust, arospeed plug wires, AGX adjustables all the way around, eibach sportline, 17" enkei RP05's with dunlop w-10 sport tires.

·
BOOST OR GO HOME!!!!!
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I HAVE A PROBLEM IM A POWER FREAK. if i buy a det for my nx rather than my 240sx i deserve to get shot. that trannie could take the abuse the nx can't i don't want to be buying trannies all the time.the sr20de trannies are weak when it comes to big horsepower. im trying to be logical. why put power in a fwd and not a rwd? i have more faith in the mazda miata.

------------------

·
Registered
201 Posts
Go to the turbo forum over at http://www.miataforum.com People have blown up trannies over there as well. I do love my miata, though! I'd personally go with a supercharger on the miata.

Ben

·
BOOST OR GO HOME!!!!!
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Car is not for sell! not for sell!
ran into some cash getting two (2) dets now ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

·
8,148 Posts
Lonewolf, I seriously think you are not trying to do the car right. You need to be around some SE-R guys who have DE-Ted their cars. Go to all the meets you can. I will take you with me. When they come up "DON'T Fess UP!!!!" There are plenty of Turbo SE-R's running decent boost. As far as trannies blowing up how many guys do you know personally that have blown trannies? I know of NONE. No one I know is running that kind of power Consisitantly that they blow up trannies every week. Hell Jay Hass has put down 409hp and his tranny held up fine. The key is tuning tips and LISTEN. I can direct you in a way that is cost effective but NO ONE EVER LSITENS. So why should I really bother?
Dude, stop wishing for fast miracles. My car is ever evolving. I broke a tranny case becasue I had NO REAL SUSPENSION. I went to the track with sucky ass 195 50 i5's. Dying Tocikos and stock springs. Mistake, went into the waterbox. Did a burnout spinning out the gate and broke the case with mad wheel hop. On the street you will most likely NEVER break a tranny case.
Dude, instead of focusing on speed right now set up the car for speed then save, buy the right parts them DET it. If you think a 240 will be easier to DET GOOD ****ING LUCK.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">if i buy a det for my nx rather than my 240sx i deserve to get shot. that trannie could take the abuse the nx can't i don't want to be buying</font>
This sounds like something someonetold you. How many 240's do you know out there that are DETed? I know of none. I know a 240 that has a 300ZX turbo motor though. He works for transit with me. 240.....hhmmmm lets see, not only do I have axles but I have a driveshaft, a rear end that probally has to get replaced, no off the shelf parts that I could use to help with a DEt swap....Errr! Sorry, I think the FWD wins hands down.

Ok here is my opinion. Do all your suspension related stuff first. This is cheapest. Besides winter is coming here in Brooklyn so where are you going to satisfy your need for speed when it snows. Get AGX's. If you decide to stay with the Eibachs go ahead or get ground controls. Get the entire Energy suspension bushing kit,. Front and rear. Get the ES motor mount kit.
Good, now you are set up. You said you have cross drilled? Cool. Now buy some Axiss pads that are decent. Do you have stainless steel lines? Are you running Motul 600? Valvoline 550 is good too. (which reminds me I need to bleed my brakes which I never did after the convention).
Now lets see, we have complete suspension, brakes, what is next? Oooh yeah, your bodywork. PUT ON THE FRONT SPOILER you say you have. You are more than welcome to come to my cousins bodyshop. Everyrhing else is secondary. Now you have a car that is screaming Turbo me. Buy a Decent clutch and put it down. You need not to install it because you are not turbo yet huh? Buy a decent flywheel. Buy parts slowly. If you buy stuff all at once you will be dissapointed if a newer product comes out and you realize you paid too much or are stuck with it and cannot sell it. Dude the key is paitence. I am not putting you down, I just seems to ME that you are expecting miracles to drop from the sky. It doesn't work that way. No really good car that is built is built overnight unless your filthy rich. Just ask Ben in PA. That NX took months just ot get back to the level where it looks decent. Hell, my car is far from what I want it to be but what am I gonna do, sell it because I cannot wait? Hell no.

Rone wasn't built in a day, and neither is a decent DE-T.

·
8,148 Posts
http://www.sr20deforum.com/NonCGI/Forum10/HTML/000495.html

Gash damn, these are my thoughts echoed. Lonewolf, are you reading the Turbo forum? I don't see your name posted as a topic starter? I think most mailing list guys either post there or LURK
there. Rethink how you are going about this and then go there and read on.

A bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bushes.

[This message has been edited by Pretty White (edited 10-19-2001).]

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LONEWOLF:
I HAVE A PROBLEM IM A POWER FREAK. if i buy a det for my nx rather than my 240sx i deserve to get shot. that trannie could take the abuse the nx can't i don't want to be buying trannies all the time.the sr20de trannies are weak when it comes to big horsepower. im trying to be logical. why put power in a fwd and not a rwd? i have more faith in the mazda miata.

</font>
One more thing, what kind of big HP are planning ot put down. Do you know how much $$$$ it takes to put down big power? Lets be realistic, on a budget 225 is decent HP. Hell, Henry only puts down 250 and he is running 13's. I am sure his car was not cheap to set up.
Hell, Bendavies was running a stock tranny for a long time putting down 11's.

·
8,148 Posts
The reason I am taking this personally is because I know Lonewolf from Brooklyn and it seems as if he is not trying. I know of many guys who come out of the Honda camp who used to talk smack about how Nissans are slow and they will never amount to anything, buy one and change thair minds completely. I personally know a VW guy who was a diehard VW man till he realized it was getting too expensive, saw a SE-R cheap, boughtit cheap and was shocked at the follwng and parts available. And you know how hard it is to tell a VW man that a Nissan is better than a VW. I know of Acura guys who have converted and DE-Ted and have changed their minds too. I know a Mazda MX-6 Turbo guy who had the cleanest MX-6 Turbo in Brooklyn. Now he has a C1 cammed motor that was rebuilt and he was like, WOW, I did not realize there was that much potential and a following. This guy is Dexter from Autospa.
I am not trying to sway you, just showing you there is potential.

·
8,148 Posts
THANXS FOR THE INFO MAN BOY DID YOU PUT A HOLE IN MY ASS!!! IM SORRY FOR being a pain in the ass. but it just hard for me to convert i was a honda guy since 1995 i had a civic and now a acura, there are so many guys out racing there hondas in brooklyn. and the few ser guys out there racing or afraid to talk to me because; i driving a honda when it comes to parts you can't beat a honda ser parts are so difficult to attain maybe i just upset becuase the guy that got me into ser's sold his and got a mustang. he was my main man when it came to info and the sr20de forum of course. i was going fast for so long it just hard for me to adjust. do anybody race there ser in new york!!!! i just need to get of my honda high horse</font>

The point is that SR20 ratio to Honda is like 10:1. There are lots of different models of Honda out there too. There is 1500's. 1600's 1700's 1800's 2.2 2.3 etc. That's why there is such a Honda following. Believe me there are soo many parts for Hondas true, but how many of them are Quality parts. I have one too many Honda Intakes that suck ****. Just because they are bent for the intake route doesn't meanthey fit right or even work for that matter. There are only like 3 Honda Headers worth anything. Compech, AEM, and DC. All others are like ****. So to say there aren't parts I think you are looking to walk into K-Mart and buy headers. Sorry, but it does not work that way. Now let's look at the average Honda owner. 15-25. When they all get enough income or mature what do they step up to? BMW, Suburau? SR20's that are really clean and worked are cars than owners have kept since they were new. I know most owners who have had their SE-R (classic) since new. So you are talking about 10 year old cars owned by guys in their 30's with families now. DO you think most of them are "still" street racing? I know I am not. I go to track every event. Yes there are guys racing SE-R's. But honestly look at the demographics of most SE-R owners. They are older guys. Who are not willing to take "stupid" chances. Even 200SX owners mostly have owned from new.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">and the few ser guys out there racing or afraid to talk to me because; </font>
What is that supposed to mean? Do you talk to them? I am talking to you. When was the last time you called my cell phone. Everytime you call me and I kick it to you you never find time to talk. You having problems with the car? Bring it to the shop. Call Timothy in Brooklyn. Everyone who is everyone knows him. That is SR20B12. Look for Rednam007. He is hooked up with Henry (Turbo SE-R) who is hooked up with Timothy who knows me then I know Walter with the DET in Queens who knows Desmond who is now building a DET classic who knows Brian Chang who knows Rob who knows me who knows Mark at Kings Nissan with a SE-R DET who hangs with the guy who sold Dexter his SE-R WHO HAS C1's who knows me agin who knows YOU. Dude, put yourself out there. The guys are there. Just gotta hang.

You see where I am going with this. I know Ben the moderator who had a DET 98 SE who knows Ray Kawaski who has a DET 98 SE who knows.......
POOR EXCUSES.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">ser parts are so difficult to attain maybe i just upset becuase the guy</font>
Thats the funniest thing I have heard in a long time. What is hard to get for the SE-R? Like I said before, just because you cannot go to Autozone or K-Mart and get Headers and Intakes doesn't mean the parts are hard to find. Someone else posted here that SR20 parts are aminly quality parts that most places will never afford to sell. There are no quick pieces for E30 BMW M3's yet people still work on them. How many places stock intakes and cams for a VR6 VW? I don't hear them guys complaining? Dude, the parts are there, just gotta do a little more footwork and you will get anything you want. I know guys as we speak are getting projector beam headlights for the B13 from Mexico. I got my spoiler from Austria. CyberIce got his kit from Europe too. AND HE IS GOSH HIGH $PRICE$ CANADA!!!!
I seriously think you need to go over to the www.se-r.net or keep reading the forums before you come to the conclusion that they are no parts available for the SR20DE.

·
8,148 Posts
THANXS FOR THE INFO MAN BOY DID YOU PUT A HOLE IN MY ASS!!! IM SORRY FOR being a pain in the ass. but it just hard for me to convert i was a honda guy since 1995 i had a civic and now a acura, there are so many guys out racing there hondas in brooklyn. and the few ser guys out there racing or afraid to talk to me because; i driving a honda when it comes to parts you can't beat a honda ser parts are so difficult to attain maybe i just upset becuase the guy that got me into ser's sold his and got a mustang. he was my main man when it came to info and the sr20de forum of course. i was going fast for so long it just hard for me to adjust. do anybody race there ser in new york!!!! i just need to get of my honda high horse</font>
Lets not forget Sukit works at Shell gas station on Rockaway and Seaview. For gosh sakes he has a Top Mount DET that runs 13's. Go there and talk to him.

·
BOOST OR GO HOME!!!!!
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
THANXS FOR THE INFO MAN BOY DID YOU PUT A HOLE IN MY ASS!!! IM SORRY FOR being a pain in the ass. but it just hard for me to convert i was a honda guy since 1995 i had a civic and now a acura, there are so many guys out racing there hondas in brooklyn. and the few ser guys out there racing or afraid to talk to me because; i driving a honda when it comes to parts you can't beat a honda ser parts are so difficult to attain maybe i just upset becuase the guy that got me into ser's sold his and got a mustang. he was my main man when it came to info and the sr20de forum of course. i was going fast for so long it just hard for me to adjust. do anybody race there ser in new york!!!! i just need to get of my honda high horse

·
8,148 Posts
Dude are you talking about someone who works at Clearview Autoparts in Flushing? Who bought a black SE-R? He sold it for a Mustang? I even know where that black SE-R is parked now. It has relocated downtown Brooklyn. Like I said before, you are talking about people we all know someway or another. The SE-R community is small so yes we do all know each other.

·
BOOST OR GO HOME!!!!!
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
THE GUY THAT SOLD HIS SER HIS NAME IS JIMMY HE WAS THE OWNER OF ADVANCED MOTORSPORTS IT WENT OUT OF BUSINESS ABOUT A YEAR AGO.:(

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Jimmy didnt know jack bout his car... telling he he put 2 sway bars in the back and the car handles great Come on...if you wanna race race me...its a bad habit but anytime i see a another car or hear a rev i race no matter what ...even with my wheel bearings rumbling, just killed a gt mustang, and lost a vw rabbit but it was pretty fast but he still lost.

·
BOOST OR GO HOME!!!!!
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HEY SUCKIT!!!!SO WHERE DO YOU RUN AT I HEAR A LOT OF KILL STORYS OVER THE NET BUT I NEVER SEEN YOU AT THE STRIP WHAT DO YOU RUN. IN JIMMY DEFENSE THE REASON HE HAS TO BARS IN THE TRUNK IS TO HOLD HIS 2 12'S IN THE BACK I DOUBT THAT THE OTHER BAR IS A STRUT BAR. DID YOU LOOK IN THE TRUNK YOURSELF?:)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I run on the streets ...like the corvettes mustangs or anybody in general, i give everyone a chance to race no matter what kinda car...but the best is the highway obviously. I've been to the strip twice and a best of [email protected]??...never lost on the streets so far... but like i said ill give you a run or talk to you about the sr20 if you want...prettywhite used to stop by where i work off exit 13...im there wed. and sun. so whenever you want but wait til next week im still fixing the problem of my bearings/hubs for both sides.

·
8,148 Posts
SucKit said:
I run on the streets ...like the corvettes mustangs or anybody in general, i give everyone a chance to race no matter what kinda car...but the best is the highway obviously. I've been to the strip twice and a best of [email protected]??...never lost on the streets so far... but like i said ill give you a run or talk to you about the sr20 if you want...prettywhite used to stop by where i work off exit 13...im there wed. and sun. so whenever you want but wait til next week im still fixing the problem of my bearings/hubs for both sides.
My cousin just put a rear clip on a classic last week. His rear wheel bearings are bad too. Must be bearing season. Damn!

·
8,148 Posts
SucKit said:
See Lonewolf? We do all know each other. Where are you in the Mix. And BTW SucKit, you are so damn hard to find, and besides I am doing work at the shop in Elmont or working lost of O/T. But You are friggin hard to find. If you want to see the convention on tape e-mail me. i will put it up on a webcam for you to see.

http://www.angelfire.com/ny/ianjiggyroom/IansNX2000page.html

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Yea i work only 2 days a week now and always out doing something but i would definitely want to see the convention...ive been wondering what happened to you havent seen you for awhile. What you working on now tho? The elmont shop doing body work>?? New changes for the next season??

1 - 20 of 29 Posts