Discussion Starter #1
1993 Infiniti G20

Build date 01/93
5 speed manual
SR20DE with WAI

Minor mods done to it
Gauges, ect...

Axle broke inside transmission, Motor is great, Fresh tune up
146,000 miles on it. Comes with extra SR20DE (was told is was a DET but block is marked SR20DE)

$1000

Motors are fine

Will have pics upon request. Any Questions, call me 763-245-4080 Jon

·
Registered
148 Posts
unless its a G20T (limited slip), couldnt you just take out the other axle and smack out the other broken axle end (from the opposing side) with like a long screwdriver or something?

Maybe I'm over thinking this :confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Driver side axel is broken

The seal needs to be replaced. It is a regular G20, no limited slip.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SE-Rvious said:
unless its a G20T (limited slip), couldnt you just take out the other axle and smack out the other broken axle end (from the opposing side) with like a long screwdriver or something?

Maybe I'm over thinking this :confused:
Its not the whole axel end, its like a small piece. I can get the CV inside but it doesn't lock in place. the shaft it self is in one piece only a small part is on the inside. If I put the shaft in the car moves and everything, but the axel falls out

·
Registered
148 Posts
G20EVS said:
Well then ignore what I said. The guy at the shop said it wasn't, but who knows.
it isnt, only G20 "T"s are Limited slip (G20s have different transmissions than SE-Rs, The Axle outputs are much larger for G20s)

But for SE-Rs... yes, 91-95s are Limited Slips

·
Registered
148 Posts
SE-Rvious said:
it isnt, only G20 "T"s are Limited slip (G20s have different transmissions than SE-Rs, The Axle outputs are much larger for G20s)

But for SE-Rs... yes, 91-95s are Limited Slips
This is a TRUE good deal.... twenty minutes of someones time and a $75 dollar reman axle and your back on the road (sounds like the axle gave where the C ring normally goes)

·
Registered
476 Posts
neonphire8604 said:
all the 91's through 95's were LSD...
Uh. What? No they are not. G20's didn't even come with VLSD trannies until 94. An you'll know if you got a LSD equipped G20 cause it will have a "t" after G20.
G20t (the "T" stands for touring. comes with a spoiler, LSD tranny, and some other thing..)
So only 94+ G20's would have a LSD tranny.

Any SE-R whether it be Sentra or 200sx. SE-R's all had LSD trannies. An all NX2000's had the LSD trannies as well. ;)

·
Now accepting donations!!
3,394 Posts
HiddenHands said:
Uh. What? No they are not. G20's didn't even come with VLSD trannies until 94. An you'll know if you got a LSD equipped G20 cause it will have a "t" after G20.
G20t (the "T" stands for touring. comes with a spoiler, LSD tranny, and some other thing..)

Any SE-R whether it be Sentra or 200sx. SE-R's all had LSD trannies. An all NX2000's had the LSD trannies as well. ;)

1998 se-r's did not have lsd.

·
I look good going slow
1,161 Posts
HiddenHands said:

Untrue bro, my car has it

·
It's Just A Sentra....LOL
256 Posts
broken axle is easy to get out LSD or NOT! Since it's drivers side just take passenger side axle out take a REALLY LONG and SKINNY screwdriver put it in through the passenger side and BANG THE HELL OUT OF IT!!! (but be somewhat careful not to get screwdriver stuck) I have had to do this 2 TIMES already on my 92 SE-R :rolleyes:

It's no big deal.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts