Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale:

1993 Sentra SE-R, Super Black, 202,000 miles, NO RUST. 5-speed transmission. No ABS, no sunroof. Has cruise, A/C (blows ice-cold), driver’s airbag.

Car is in the Cincinnati OH area. I can meet a potential buyer in this area but at this point I simply don’t have the time to meet further away.

Mods:
Topspeed header
JWT POP charger intake (may not sell with the car) – intake resonator removed
Hypercoil springs
Front strut bar
NX2000 center console
Kenwood 6.5” speakers all around – doors and rear deck
Panasonic CD/MP3 headunit (may not sell with the car)
Valve cover painted hi-temp silver
Fog light mod - the fogs are wired to the fuel pump relay, so they'll come on any time the car is running, but won't stay on when you turn the car off.

Recently replaced (within the last 10k miles):
Front pads and rotors
Driver’s axle
Plugs
Plug wires (OEM Nissan)
Distributor cap (OEM Nissan)
Distributor rotor (OEM Nissan)
Valve cover gasket
Front main seal (OEM Nissan)
Oil pressure sender
Timing chain tensioner (newer style)
Power steering pressure hose
Exhaust hanger by the cat (original was GONE)
New factory fog light housings and bulbs
Brand-new Nissan factory exhaust installed just before I bought the car
Replaced stock oil catch can (that had hangers for the AIV) with a newer one. AIV was removed when the header was installed.

The Good:
-Never been wrecked. Interior is NEAR MINT. 9.5 out of 10. Seats are clean and do not sag, very firm, no tears/burns/anything. The car has always been well-maintained, Mobil 1 oil from early in its life. I have many records from the previous owner, who took very good care of it. It is almost completely free of rattles, squeaks, and thumps. No trunk leaks, or any others for that matter.
-The car is RUST FREE, except for a dime-sized spot of surface rust at the leading edge of the hood. No rust in the doorjambs, on the rear fenders or rocker panels, anywhere. Any time I’ve taken something apart it has been no trouble and I have often seen the cad-plating still on the threads of the factory bolts – even on the suspension.
-The engine pulls hard. I’ve owned four different FWD SR cars at this point, all of them high-port engines, and out of the four this car pulls the hardest. Burns no oil that I can detect, runs smoothly and pulls to redline with no protest. No 5th gear popout, clutch grabs fine with no slippage.

The not-so-good:

-Well, this car has 14-year-old Nissan black paint, what can I say? The body shows typical small chips and dings, and the paint needs some love. Bumpers are dull, need buffing. However, it does NOT have the clear-coat peel so common to Nissans of this era, so that’s a plus. There are no major dents except for a round one on the hood that the previous owner says was caused by a baseball. The paint in that area is not cracked though.
-The starter grinds. Not every time, and it never fails to start; I don’t know if it’s the starter not retracting fully or if the ring gear is missing a few teeth.
-The engine has a small oil leak that causes oil to show up on the passenger side of the engine. I replaced the front main seal and oil pressure sender thinking that they were the problem but it didn’t go away. I spray it off when I go to the carwash, but I went for 10 weeks this winter without washing the car and I never saw a drip on the driveway, so the leak must be very minor.
-Before long the car will need a passenger axle (found the CV boot torn the last time I changed the oil, the joint will last quite a while I think), and the buyer may want to replace the struts. The Hypercoils ride quite well with the stock struts but these struts are getting old and GR2s or AGXs may be a good upgrade.

Included:
A bunch of spares. There’s a good chance I am getting out of SR cars (front-drive anyway) completely so there’s no sense in my keeping these things.

Sensors: (AIV, FICV, O2, etc), intake manifold, water pump, T-stat housing, fuel rail and a few spare injectors, and some other things. I honestly don’t remember everything in the box. Stock springs and airbox assembly included (if it’s not installed that is). I think I have a spare stock ECU around here somewhere that I will include. There’s also a brand-new-in-Nissan-packaging trunk seal, and I have a set of Window-Weld-ed front and rear motor mounts I never installed that will be included.

Note: I will NOT be including the bronze wheels in some of the pictures. The car will be sold with stock SE-R wheels in very good condition, with fairly new all-season tires, lots of life left. I may be persuaded to sell the 15” tires but the buyer would need to arrange to have them dismounted and I would need something to hold as collateral until I got the wheels back. The tires are Falken 512, 195-50-15.

Folks, this is a very clean B13 despite the mileage. In fact considering the mileage it’s in freakishly good shape. This past summer/fall I drove it on three 1,000 mile round trips and never had a single problem; each trip actually included more like 1300 miles of driving. I’ve owned it for about a year; I bought it for admittedly sentimental reasons and I’ve enjoyed it thoroughly. It’s solid, pulls hard, everything’s there and everything works, and once again, it’s rust-free. It’s a great car and I like it a lot (hey, I’ve had three) and I’d keep it but the fact is that I need a four-door. Since there’s only room in the stable for one toy car, and since I’m not about to get rid of the S13, it has to go :( It would make a wonderful track car with a cage and better suspension, or make a good, reliable, and clean daily driver with some TLC on the paint and a new set of shocks.

Asking price is $2650 OBO. I feel this is reasonable based on what I paid, the condition of the car, and the mods and spare parts I am including. I would like to move it fairly soon as there are a few cars in my area that I’m interested in and I need to have a daily driver back in place by the end of the school year in about a month.

FYI: I am also considering trading the car in at a dealer, but I would REALLY prefer to sell it to an SR20Forum member that will take good care of it. However, I may be moving VERY quickly on this depending on what I find in my area, so if you are at all interested please contact me ASAP.

Pics (there are a few more in my gallery):

(strut bar not pictured)

I do have more pictures I can email on request. Please contact kstine AT fuse.net or PM me if interested.

Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Are those the Hypercoil Gen2 springs? I find out today if my Integra finally died after 300,000 miles. If it did, I might be interested and I'm right here in Cincinnati. Either way, bump for a beautiful classic.

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, they're Gen II Hypercoils. I've had a few people contact me but no one has stepped up yet...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well it turns out my fuel pump kill switch just needed to be replaced, so the Integra lives on. I'm kind of bummed since I've always wanted a clean classic. Good luck with the sale.

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the interest. It's not too late if you change your mind :)

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I spoke too soon. Car is sold pending funds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.