SR20 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I said I was looking for a 240sx, but i came across a 1999 Nissan Sentra GLE SE. It has the SR20DE engine!-those that don't know, it's the SE-R engine. It has a sunroof, powered everything, only 33k on it! Only bad thing-it's an auto..but i can always convert to manual for 1k. I test drove it today..6/25 OMG!! it is really nice. Alot more....i mean ..alot more power than my 1991 Nissan Sentra auto. They were asking 9500 but i dropped it to 8100. I know it's a good deal for a car in great shape-it helps having a good friend who knows the dealer. I was just curious how does this car stand up to the older sentra SE-R model and the 200sx SE-R model? I think this model red lines at 7100 rpm..not sure though.

comments or suggestions would be very helpful

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Hmm, well one time, at band camp
, seriously.. I went to the dealer to get my AC fixed on my SE and he asks me, "What engine is in there?" I say "The SR20DE... 2.0L." He's like "Is it the SE or the GLE?" I was like "The GLE doesn't come with the SR20...??" He's like "Yea it did, but only a VERY limited amount of them." But, we were talking about the 1998 model year. I was totally tripping because I didn't know of any other Sentra after '95 that came with the SR20 other than the SE. Who knows....

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I think I probably am afraid of them cause of the time I was 10 and went to a circus, and a clown killed my dad.

------------------
Stormy
Black 1998 Sentra SE w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man, I HATE crows. They make SO much noise, and they are always eating roadkill. Damn...

---------
Mmmm....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NO! Trust me it's a GLE with "SE" on the driver's side. It's a 1999 Sentra (auto, but i plan a swap) has surf nice 5 spoke wheels "stock"

IT DEFINETLY HAS THE SR20DE Engine!! i saw it and examined it! I DROVE IT!!!

if you haven't heard of one, now you have!

The Dealer, a good friend of my friend said they were very hard to find!

·
Registered
118 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Teal97:
Originally posted by Dragonstyle:
Only bad thing-it's an auto..but i can always convert to manual for 1k.

</font>
LOL! ain't no way.

I agree with Teal, I have an auto, and I was quoted $1k just for labor, so I am thinking it would be a minimum of $1600-$2k with everything.

------------------
95 200SX SE-R Automatic (BIGFOOT), B15 engine, PR CAI, Topspeed muffler.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
******************************************************************************************
OKAY STOP THE FUSS!!!!
My boy has a GLE and yes it has the sr20de.
BELIEVE IT OR NOT, IT DOES EXIST. ITS A '95.
I HAVE PICTURES OF THE CAR BUT NOT THE ENGINE. Maybe I can Take pics of the engine.
He got his car from california , so i dont know if that makes any difference.
It also has the discs in the back.
GLE. It says it right on the back with OEM letters.

[This message has been edited by 94_REDSE-R (edited 07-01-2001).]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1K for all parts and labor? Damn, are you sure? I mean we're talkin' mounting a new pedal, need new brake, tranny, linkage, clutch master cyl., flywheel, shifter, and not to mention the removal of the auto. If you are correct in price, I'd be real careful of the person that's gonna do it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts