SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www3.sympatico.ca/steve.kinnaird/

"Homemade Manual Boost Controller (set to 19 psi)"

Don't DSMs have T25s? I didn't know they could push 19psi. Might as well just disconnect the wastegate solenoid line altogether, no?

And I thought a T25 would blow up at that high boost, no to mention give off such hot boost that you would detonate your motor to smithereens. Is this guy an idiot or am I missing something?

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
From what I've noticed DSM guys tend to be pretty clueless. A guy at my work had a latest gen Talon and he was having problems with boost creep so he went and bought an S-AFC to keep from hitting the fuel cut. He told me this and I asked him how he was going to keep from blowing the engine up. He told me "it's ok, i'll buy bigger injectors eventually and i only get into high boost in autocross for a few seconds" Two weeks later he comes in the day after a track day and says "I'm buying a WRX" i go "why?" "I blew my turbo at the track" uh-huh. lets see how long the wrx lasts

Everytime I read about someone screwing with a DSM it's some ghetto ass mod. Not that i'm stereotyping hahaha

Actually I did read about a killer Gen1 Talon in SCC once.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Haha, yea, those DSM guys are funny sometimes. A guy on our board was running 22psi on his stock turboed TSI because the spring on his boost controller popped out. Another guy with a Talon has his wastegate wide open at all times and has panty hoes for an air filter. More flow I guess.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

·
Enemy of the stupid
4,727 Posts
Ahh the TD04-14B. That turbo can take a DSM into the 12's. So 19lbs on it can happen, as long as he has 550's an bigger pump he can do that safe....well maybe just the bigger pump he could get away with it. Ok Guys Rem 90-94 14b's 95-00 T25's

------------------

Do you smell what the talon is cooking?

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
I was just about to chime in and say that the older gen's used the Mitsu. TD04. Actually I am seriously thinking about a custom setup for my GA16 using that turbo! Small, efficient, and can support a fair amount of HP

late,
wes

www.wes.nissanpower.com

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
That engine is a brick. My friend paul ran 18lbs on the street in his stock turbo vr-4 galant. It ran a 14.1 with an intake exhaust, and boost controller with race gas. He finally managed to do the engine in when he got crazy with ported and clipped 16G turbo, bigger injectors, and ported exh. manifold. But the car had 130k miles for crying out loud. That's my .02

1 - 7 of 7 Posts