SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hay everyone, im currently looking at buying a 99 avenir gt4 z, the owner siezed engine cracking the head and block looking pretty fu&*ed, am looking into my options on what i can do as i know i havent the money for replacement sr20det. have been looking around forums and the net doing some reserch and ile more likely be building motor from the sr20de so with the avenir being AWD am i going to be looking for a FWD motor thats non vvt.. no other variants? i dont mind doing the build all proper and i have plenty time but i do mind spending too much money.

So the work i need to do to the block i believe i need to tap holes to fit oil squirters (i dont mind doing but how essential are they? will fit det pistons + rings, think crank is same or fit the det crank, and install fitting for turbo oil drain.. the oil pump is also bigger so if needed does it bolt up the same .with all this would it be safe to say its near identicle to the factory det?

Onto the head... i have my det cams + valves but are they difffrent sizing to de?.. if so am i needing to fit the valve guides
(if possible?) havent found where to make oil feed but thats not a concern.

is there anything else i am missing/should know before i go ahead with this? any advice is much appreciated. im in new zealand, never new avenir had a 20det till i seen this one for sale. if i go through with this build ( very keen just need to know what im in for) i may later down the track look into a manual coversion.. would the the 4wd de box say from a sentra/pulsar/bluebird etc be able to handle more power?

·
Registered
4 Posts
hay everyone, im currently looking at buying a 99 avenir gt4 z, the owner siezed engine cracking the head and block looking pretty fu&*ed, am looking into my options on what i can do as i know i havent the money for replacement sr20det. have been looking around forums and the net doing some reserch and ile more likely be building motor from the sr20de so with the avenir being AWD am i going to be looking for a FWD motor thats non vvt.. no other variants? i dont mind doing the build all proper and i have plenty time but i do mind spending too much money.

So the work i need to do to the block i believe i need to tap holes to fit oil squirters (i dont mind doing but how essential are they? will fit det pistons + rings, think crank is same or fit the det crank, and install fitting for turbo oil drain.. the oil pump is also bigger so if needed does it bolt up the same .with all this would it be safe to say its near identicle to the factory det?

Onto the head... i have my det cams + valves but are they difffrent sizing to de?.. if so am i needing to fit the valve guides
(if possible?) havent found where to make oil feed but thats not a concern.

is there anything else i am missing/should know before i go ahead with this? any advice is much appreciated. im in new zealand, never new avenir had a 20det till i seen this one for sale. if i go through with this build ( very keen just need to know what im in for) i may later down the track look into a manual coversion.. would the the 4wd de box say from a sentra/pulsar/bluebird etc be able to handle more power?
I have a Avenir SR20DET complete 88k km but in Australia for sale

·
WHP11 CVT M6
134 Posts
for the 4wd setups, you cant use just any SR block, the 4wd blocks are narrower to give clearance for the transfer case for the 4wd, so u are pretty much stuck with the W10 / W11 blocks or the VET from the GT Xtrail or any other 4wd SR20DE from primera or some other.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank for info yoshoto that's good to know. I've been looking up on the forums but takes some time disiphring through it all.

Alsoy links to direct me to my questions are welcome

1 - 5 of 5 Posts