SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SR20DE Driver
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a N/A NX2000. My problem is that no one around does mandrel bent exhaust but the race shops and they want an arm and a leg. So what I am looking at is a crush bend exhaust.

The question is, do I go with 2.25 or 2.5 since it is crush bends. I don't have any very close future plans for boost or nitrous so I am not sure if 2.5 is too much.

·
Registered
122 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tunez:
The question is, do I go with 2.25 or 2.5 since it is crush bends.</font>
A bigger diameter will not make up for poor flow. Don't settle - if you can't find what you want in production, there's a decent article in this month's SCC (November) detailing how to assemble your own mandrel-bent exhaust from off-the-shelf bits & pieces.

------------------
'91 Classic w/the usual stuff

"It is better to go into a corner slow and come out fast than to go
into a corner fast and come out dead" - Stirling Moss

·
Registered
441 Posts
2" - 2.25" actually should do it for NA. But if you're the other NA (nitrous aspirated), 2.5 would be best. If you're looking for an exhaust, I have a Greddy SP exhaust up for sale which should bolt up to your NX w/ very lil if any work to get it on. This comes off a '92 Sentra. The piping is roughly 2.0 (50mm).

·
SR20DE Driver
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How much do you want for it and what would it cost roughly to ship to NC?? MY zip code is 28081, you can use that to calculate shipping or you can tell me your zip and the weight and I'll do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts