SR20 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
NEOphile
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2.5" mandrel-bent cat-back, resonator, Borla muffler

I've got a 2.5" mandrel-bent catback with a resonator and a Borla muffler for sale. It won't be available for another month or so (until I get my header). It's aluminized, and it's pieced together from a tubing kit, but it's got a nice low throaty tone that's indistinguishable from stock at low RPM and sounds like a throaty race-car at high RPM. It's only 2 or 3 months old and I'm only ditching it because I've read a lot about how 3" exhausts really free up a VE (and I'm planning on getting cams, as well). Price is $300 plus shipping. It includes all the metal hangers. PM me if interested.

·
NEOphile
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Free up your DE! Get yourself a nice tone that doesn't scream RICE! Put an intake on it and it almost sounds like a turbo. No joke. Some mustang boy at the local drag strip thought I was running boost because of my intake/exhaust noise. It's not loud at all. Even a little too soft for my tastes sometimes. If you've got a header it would be about perfect, or if you want it louder you could just throw a straight section in where the resonator is and free up some additional power.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts