SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AND YES I SEARCHED
I like the looks of the SS auto chrome ebay sr20 manifold that locates the turbo up by the valve cover but which flows better ? I have heard great things about the GTIR manifold but not much about the SS one
all the info I could find was about the T25 with 2.5 or 3 in
so here are the plans for the car
it is a 91 sentra with a GTIR swap
using the GTIR ecu maf pretty much stock with the exception of a apexi s-avcr / s-afc
mostley a daley driver
with weekend drag duity and mabey some auto cross
I am kinda feeling the 3 in mandrell would be better but the 2.5 mandrell would give better low end responce and for twistie turnies , but conventional exaust theories dont necessarly apply to turbo cars because you really get all the back psi you need from the wastegate and the larger diamiter exaust you have it will allow the turbo to spool faster I just dont have a lot of exp with how the sentras and the FWD SR20DET powerd cars react to diff exausts

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
just do all 3" exhaust and downpipe. As far as what manifold to use, if you are going to use anything with a T2 flange like a T25, T28, HKS3037, BB37 or whatever then stick with the GTi-R manifold.

Brent

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
1. SS AutoCRACK is how its known in Orlando. STAY AWAY!
2. Get 3'' all the way back, T28's and T25's will spool whenever you want them to.
3. JGY GTIR manifold looks very clean.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Oh yeah, its called SSAutocrack because it cracked on my friends car equipped with a GT25R and the manifold cracks made chips get in his turbine and ****ed his GT25R...$1100 later...

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Who else makes a good quality tubular manifold
ouch looks like SS auto chrome has a black eye round here hu .
I would kinda like to step up to a larger turbo a lil bit down the road . I like the tubular manifolds but they do have a bad habbit of cracking, but with proper support/mounting they can be as reliable as any outher manifold

1 - 5 of 5 Posts