SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the new Spec V motors are similar to the SR20DE, I just wanna know if i could fit that 2.5 and 6 speed tranny in my classic..

can you say 12s all motor.... sentra...

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
I say they can. I mean the B15 has the SR20DE currently with the same mounts and everything. I say the QR25DE will have the same mounts and it should fit. Tranny too.

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have them custom made? i dunno... I just want an all motor car that can do 12s

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Well considering that honda's do it all the time why not. But that 6500 redline, and shitty balance shaft would be a hold back IMHO

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Who says it has a 6500 rpm redline? AFAIK there are no official specs for the engine yet.

·
Registered
448 Posts
IMHO it should swap right in.

Balance shaft removal ='s HP! Woohooo.

On the DSM it's good for 25hp or so. Sweet!

Who cares if it doesn't rev, it makes POWER and TORQUE. Less revs means less rpm drop between shifts. Match that with a 6 spd and wooooweee. Get some slicks on the bad boy, add 30hp worth of bolt on's, toss it in a 2100-2200lb classic and hang on!

G

·
0 Posts
They need to put the damn thing in the G20, so it can start whooping Audi A4s and BMW 3 series. Too bad Infiniti probably won't think this far.

·
Registered
858 Posts
that would be a sweeeet motor swap! especially the 6 speed tranny. probably easier to tune compared to turbo.det's seem to have a mind of their own.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! boost is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
the swap has already been done. a guy up in canada swapped a QR25 into a NX. Pretty sure I remember that right....

·
Tired Greasemonkey
1,384 Posts
They need to put the damn thing in the G20, so it can start whooping Audi A4s and BMW 3 series. Too bad Infiniti probably won't think this far.
what? they don't make the g20 anymore, its the g35 which is obviously a totally different chassis, the g35 and g20 have no similarities other than the "g" and the infiniti emblem. no more luxury four bangers from infiniti....

·
shift_boost
1,949 Posts
Creagach said:
what? they don't make the g20 anymore, its the g35 which is obviously a totally different chassis, the g35 and g20 have no similarities other than the "g" and the infiniti emblem. no more luxury four bangers from infiniti....

notice the thread is started in 01

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Who the hell was stupid enough to bring back a two-year old thread to begin with?

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
I didn't say that, why quote me?

·
Registered
850 Posts
It can be done. Now if a high compression bolt on QR goes into a 2000-2100lb sentra with slicks it should run high 12s to low 13s.

stuofsci02 said:
You would not get 12's all motor...

·
SE-R Monster
661 Posts
well why the hell would you waste all that money on a qr when you could put a nice det and get a hell of a lot better times. would also save you a bunch for the engine and tranny.
i have both sr and qr i like the sr better for straight lines but the qr for the twistys
Rocco

1 - 20 of 26 Posts