SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My starter all of a sudden went dead...i was driving it all day then the next morning its dead and all it does is click, then i tried my det starter, that one also clicks. How is it possible 2 are dead? Does anyone have an idea, or experience with it...maybe some relay or fusible link?

·
Registered
110 Posts
that sounds like you batt. is dead because when your starter goes out all you hear is the soiloind click one time. when your batt. is dead it has enough power to click the solinoid but not to engage the bendex on the starter
good luck

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
man, i am on my 4th starter in the last 2 years...i dont know what the hell is wrong with mine...works good for a few weeks or a month, then dies, just clicks. it starts eventually if i keep turning the key, but its annoying. it cant be my battery, i got a new one over the summer, and i still have problems...oh well.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine wont crank at all...i can crank it like 10 times, it just clicks...im sure its not my battery. Hey Fast91SER did your starter give you any notice? Or it just died all off a sudden?

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
Well, first time my starter went out, it did give me notice, it would start slower and slower each time, till it died, and no clicks at all.

I got a new one, that one lasted me almost a year, then all off a sudden when I go to start it, nothing but clicking, then it starts, I got it changed again, lasted me a few months, went out again, and the last one I bought lasted me 3 weeks before it started going out.

The weird part is, that sometimes it starts with no problem, other times I have to crank it a few times.

I am guessing I have a problem with a loose wire or something. I have an alarm, power door locks, and cruise control put in, and I had an ignition kill system, so my wiring harness is pretty hacked into, and one day I just dropped all the wires, looked at them, but didnt see any exposed wires, put everything back up, and car started each time for a bout 2 weeks, then started giving me problems again.

I'm really getting tired of this, and need to figure out what the hell is wrong with it.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Well actually my wire was loose and you would see it spark up while i started a month ago... fixed that and now this, but anywayz i got it fixed and it starts up fast. Hey if your interested i have a mitsu starter if you want to rebuild that than take it, it was off my det and i rebuilt the factory one so i dont need it anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts