SR20 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I got my 91 Classic SE-R about 3 weeks ago and I have been cleaning it and fixing it since then. Almost have the engine up to par after a 100,000 miles of being neglected so I decided to take it out and run it hard a few nights ago. Now I don't need to be told that I shouldn't be doing this I just want to get some ideas on a solution or at least the problem. I saw a redline so I had to push it and the thought entered my mind as to where that rev-limiter is. I hit 7500, then 8000, then like 8200 RPMs. Still no limiter. Now I know this car was owned by two people from the same family and they didn't do anything to this car. One, why haven't I hit the rev-limiter? And the biggest problem I have is that it sounds like belts are now squeeking ever since I revved that high. I know that 8200RPMs is past my peak power so I won't rev there much but is that really a belt squeeking? How much to replace? and is there a stronger belt I can get? because I do plan on racing this car. That is what I bought it for. Thanks for any replies in advanced.

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nexidus:
Okay I got my 91 Classic SE-R about 3 weeks ago and I have been cleaning it and fixing it since then. Almost have the engine up to par after a 100,000 miles of being neglected so I decided to take it out and run it hard a few nights ago. Now I don't need to be told that I shouldn't be doing this I just want to get some ideas on a solution or at least the problem. I saw a redline so I had to push it and the thought entered my mind as to where that rev-limiter is. I hit 7500, then 8000, then like 8200 RPMs. Still no limiter. Now I know this car was owned by two people from the same family and they didn't do anything to this car. One, why haven't I hit the rev-limiter? And the biggest problem I have is that it sounds like belts are now squeeking ever since I revved that high. I know that 8200RPMs is past my peak power so I won't rev there much but is that really a belt squeeking? How much to replace? and is there a stronger belt I can get? because I do plan on racing this car. That is what I bought it for. Thanks for any replies in advanced.</font>
Your factory tach is off. The car is not actually reving that high.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts