SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.) what will "shaved heads" do for me?

2.) are the jdm primera cams any better than mine(stock)?

------------------
92 nx2000 - im good enough, im smart enough, and dogonnit, poeple like me!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
because i just bought the intake and exhaust manifolds for real cheap, really really cheap!!!

------------------

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
So you got the JDM intake collector, and the exhaust manifold too? Cool. Have them ported, or extrude honed or whatever. Yeah ive heard the primera cams are better than stock. But not like the JWT's or anything. Make sure its ground for hydraulic lash adjusters.

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">1.) what will "shaved heads" do for me?</font>
Reduce your shampoo usage.

Seriously though, it raises the compression ratio a little.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah im gonna get my heads shaved because i use denorex, they only come in a little bottle and it is wicked expensive! gotta cut down down on that stuff, a little goes a long way, know what i mean!

------------------

·
Registered
54 Posts
Your NX looks sweet! Just had to tell you...

I had a hard time deciding between the SE-R and NX200 when I bought back in '91.

My main choice on SE-R (over NX) was electric Sunroof over manualy removable T-tops. 2nd reason is I thought the 3box styling of the SE-R would be more timeless, cause I knew I was going to keep this car for a longgg time. I have and I still love it.

My eye is still peeled for a nice clean used NX2000 to go along with my SE-R...but I think they are too damned hard to come by. But if I ever run across one....

Anyway, your NX is LOOKIN GOOD!

------------------
'91 SE-R, Vail White, 5-speed, LSD, Leather-package, Sunroof, Borbet Type H 15"wheels, Z-rated Dunlop SP5000 tires, Blaupunct RDS Nevada 180 watt CD reciever W/4 Blaupunct factory sized speakers, NR Industries White Face guages w/red indicators, body color factory grille. Never had 5th gear pop-out. Babied 104K miles. NEVER abused, wrecked or smoked in.
Web-page http://community.webtv.net/SentraSE-Rman/My1991ClassicSentra/

[This message has been edited by 91ClassicSE-R (edited 04-30-2001).]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks man! come on keep the compliments coming

------------------

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From what I understand, shaving the head can change the can timing a bit. May need adjustable cam gears.

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
yeah cam gears are the **** if you know how to adjust them well. Get the ones that are more adjustable. I think stillen ones are actually more adjustable than wolf's.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JESUS!!! you cant just get one thing, nooooooooooo you have to buy 8 more things to get what you bought in the first place to work, ba humbug!!!!

------------------

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think the Jim Wolf man did a 200SX SE-R that required special cam sprockets. Oh, don't forget to replace the (3 generation) timing chain tensioner. Making one big change almost always turns into 10 others.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"Making one big change almost always turns into 10 others."

yeah and it sucks!!!

------------------

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bennitto Mallito:
yeah cam gears are the **** if you know how to adjust them well. Get the ones that are more adjustable. I think stillen ones are actually more adjustable than wolf's. </font>
Stillens cams gears ae JWT cam gears rebadged
Same exact thing.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

1 - 14 of 14 Posts