SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. This is my 801st post to the forums. Im so proud of myself, Icant believe i stuck around with you idiots so long...hehe, J/K

2. This will also probably be my last post for quite some time, so I hope all you guys who haven't yet, will catch up to me in the time im gone. As many of you know, i joined the Army(screw AF, Marc!!!). Well, I am leaving on Wednesday, June 6th at 11am to go to Basic Training at Fort Knox, KY. Ill probably check back here before i leave to see if anybody wrote back, but i just wanted to say goodbye to everyone on here, and good luck. Don't break any rocker arms or spin rod bearings while im away. Basic is 9 weeks long, then i go directly to AIT for 12 weeks. I will check in on you guys sometime during my AIT cuz i do get to come home for a weekend or 2. So...Thanks a lot, its been fun, and I will talk to you all in a couple months. Ill make sure Jordan keeps everyone posted on how Im doin, cuz im gonan try to write to the guys back home here once in a while. See ya!! Have fun!!

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

·
SR20 Enthusiast
480 Posts
Good luck bro, Be an army of one. LOL

·
Registered
756 Posts
You should watch "Full Metal Jacket" before you go if you've never seen it. Thats how I picture basic training.. HAHAHAHAHA

Good luck nevertheless.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Have fun in there. You'll be in my neck of the woods, so look me up if you have some free time after basic.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteSER:
You should watch "Full Metal Jacket" before you go if you've never seen it. Thats how I picture basic training.. HAHAHAHAHA

Good luck nevertheless.
</font>
Too bad he didn't choose the Air Force -- he could be watching "Animal House" instead.

------------------
'93 Sentra SE-R, daily driver and track/autox toy
'91 Sentra SE-R, future racecar

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
Godd luck man . I don't know you well, but I know you've given me good advice for my own SR20. Both directly, and in arcive form. Thank you, and try to play off the man in uniform thing for all it's worth with the ladies. That's the least Uncle Sam owes you. Peace

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, im checking back now. And thanks for all of your replys. Jordan i thought I told you it was changed. Oh well. Eric, i wont have any time while Im at basic, but After, maybe we will be able to hook up. I plan on makin my way around eventually, cuz I get 30 days paid vacation a year, so maybe ill come out that way eventually. Bennitto, glad i could help. Full Metal Jacket is soo damn funny. Actually wierd thing is i saw it not too long ago. Ive also been watchin stuff liek Saving Private Ryan, and war crap that on the history channel and gay **** like that, LOL. MarC you stay the hell away from my car
I know where you live!!

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
883 Posts
Should have joined the Marines. Not some weak ass Civilian Force. Or the Army.
Jeez. Make it worthwhile man.
J/k Good luck in basic, it is a world of fun.

------------------

Kris94G20™
"clears and stickers, the best bang for your buck"
The Beginning.

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
DUDE! Good Luck. Basic ain't **** anymore. They started softening up in the 90's. Full Metal Jacket? Nope. They can't hit you, curse at you, or even touch you! But they can still **** WITH YOUR MIND!!

The best thing is getting your ass in shape!~ One of our good buddies lost 80 POUNDS! His girlfriend didn't even recognize him! You're gonna be a freakin' machine when you get done!

If you can go Airborne, do it. If you can go air assault, do that, too. Infantry is fun for awhile. Rangers are cool, but you have no life. Air Defense and Signal have the best opportunities for advancement. Field Artillery and Armor are okay but being phased out from technology so advancement is not as good.

Have fun and let us know what you'll being doing. Hell,
U.ncle
S.am
Ain't
Released
Me
Yet!!

[This message has been edited by Jason92Classic (edited 06-05-2001).]

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
oh yeah, remember the Drill Sergeant from Forrest Gump? That's the closest Hollywood has come to perfectly portraying one. They're actually very funny if you give them crafty or witty answers to their questions.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Looks like they suckered you in huh..J/K..I did four years in the Airforce damn was that a walk in the park, well good luck and enjoy everything it is a good experience..
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by slowSER:
Too bad he didn't choose the Air Force -- he could be watching "Animal House" instead.

</font>

------------------
92'xe/w-primera swap
Soon to be NOS fed

·
Registered
708 Posts
You should have joined the Navy. You know that Swabbies get all the chicks! It because we have the best uniforms! Good luck I'm sure you'll make the most of it. And don't listen to those guys about boot camp being easy (well maybe for the bird farmers) it isn't.

------------------
Art R.
1992 Sentra SE-R
SCCA Solo II Driver
Cal Club #823 E Stock

·
Registered
858 Posts
no way marine corps dress blues baby! good luck Ryan oops he left already. about not hitting in the Marine corps hahahahaha back in 90 they used to thump you between the racks right in the gut so no one could see. they're not allowed but in 3rd battallion **** happens. cpl.2531 field radio operator 2nd force recon onslow beach camp legeune north carolina. kind of miss the fellas that were in the gulf with me.

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
My step-brother trained at Ft. Sill down in south-central Oklahoma a number of years ago, and I went down there to his graduation. I remember it being a very hot day, and not a pleasant place to be drilling around in full gear.

Somehow, I don't think going to Kentucky in the summer would be any better.

I'm not a military guy, so all I can say is: stay cool, and be sure to shoot lots of things.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts