SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not mine, but cuzns b15 was driving his car and his engine slowly turned off like it was choking. The car can start up but will begin the wind down and sputter and then turn off. PLease guys, need some ideas aas to what it could be.

[This message has been edited by DarKsiDe_SE (edited 02-13-2001).]

·
Registered
858 Posts
2000se should still be under warrantee no? I don't know if you can self diagnose this ecu but if you can ,do it yourself or a mechanic with a snap on engine analyzer can tell you what's exactly wrong with it without guessing and spending money on parts. getting the Fleet Service Manual is a great investment cause you learn and save. computer diagnosis cost 40 bucks out here but my 91 se-r does the same for free in abot 3 min.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! boost is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply, we think its got something to do with the MAF. Just got to get it dianosed so we know for sure. And no mo warranty cuz its got a header and the bolt is stripped.

·
Registered
858 Posts
you know back in the day, my car would die and wouldn't start so It just happened to be the screw that held the rotor in the distributor cap would vibrate loose. even with lck washers so I put some locktite on the screw and do it every time I take the screw off and it never happened again so just check the dist. cap it probably has a screw rattling inside it. The maf would still run, shitty but still run.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts