SR20 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks

Is it possible to get a running turbo setup for $2000? If I search high and low for the parts.
Here's a list of stuff I know I need to make it runn properly:
Turbo
Manifold
Injectors
ECU
BOV
wastegate
fuel pump
intercooler
downpipe

I just need the basics to get the turbo project started. I will everntually add the other components such as clutch, gauges, ???????. Is there anything in that list I can do without for now or can't do without?

Thanks.

BTW, I've already done the search.

·
Registered
470 Posts
dragoon said:
Hey Folks

Is it possible to get a running turbo setup for $2000? If I search high and low for the parts.
Here's a list of stuff I know I need to make it runn properly:
Turbo
Manifold
Injectors
ECU
BOV
wastegate
fuel pump
intercooler
downpipe

I just need the basics to get the turbo project started. I will everntually add the other components such as clutch, gauges, ???????. Is there anything in that list I can do without for now or can't do without?

Thanks.

BTW, I've already done the search.

I've put together a turbo kit that should cost around $2100 or so heres what i got.

t25 turbo
water lines
downpipe
piping,370's $740

Engine $420
BB BOV $20
Skyline Intercooler rewelded into a flow though type.
$100
JWT ecu $515
Prothane mounts $41
Redline MT-90 $31
various parts from Mossy $110

so right now I'm at $1977. I may order a fuel pump for safety. So it is possible. The next fun part will be installing this stuff as I have never done this before..

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see you spent $420 for an engine.
I'm guessing I don't need that as my engine is still fairly new. It's an 02 sr20de.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm almost done with my setup and I will be really close to $2K, but only because I already had a JWT ECU, so the reprogram was only $100. A full turbo program will add around $600 for you.
Be paitient and lurk around the FS forums and snatch the parts up.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
jgy has cheap starter kits
its gettin the ecu reprogrammed thats the killer

·
utahnissans.com
5,051 Posts
exhaust,gauges,clamps,couplers,clutch,fpr,fuel pump,bored maf, and small things you dont think about until you are in the middle of the install.

·
Registered
391 Posts
It seems the the little things like oil line restrictors, clamps, hoses, stuff like that nickel and dime you.

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
SR20RACER said:
People that have Turbo'd a car can attest to the small things that add up fast. :)
Very true. But I have seen some ghetto setups that work. Like Radiator hoses for couplers and the such. Hell I have some sitting around if anyone wants them :redface: :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'm doing mine for $2800, but that includes $350 for new gears, $340 for a new clutch, and $150 to fix my 5th gear pop out. So that's right at $2000, and i'll have a nice T28 setup with a big ebay fmic, 3" mandrel bent dp, and everything. Of course, i've spent about 1.5 years gathering everything together, and waiting for good deals to appear. :D

Matt

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
My initial setup was $1,947 and change, and was a bare-bone setup. If you're *really* frugal, I fully believe you can turbo a DE for less than $1,500 total these days.

It will take a lot of time and patience.

My first setup can be found here: www.TurboChargedSE-R.com

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
my setup was about $1500, add in ECU and youre right at $2000.

dont forget the clutch and 3 trannies

·
Registered
124 Posts
i'm sure its possibile, unless you want a turbo bigger than a T25. But i would get a T25 to start with anyway.
[shamless plug]BTW, i have one for sale, PM me if u want it;) [/shamless plug]

·
Registered
31 Posts
i have a turbo kit for sale and it includes oil line and restrictor t25 autometer guages ar and boost also comes with manifold and starion ic cant find my 370cc 650 it is yours

1 - 19 of 19 Posts