SR20 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks

Is it possible to get a running turbo setup for $2000? If I search high and low for the parts.
Here's a list of stuff I know I need to make it runn properly:
Turbo
Manifold
Injectors
ECU
BOV
wastegate
fuel pump
intercooler
downpipe

I just need the basics to get the turbo project started. I will everntually add the other components such as clutch, gauges, ???????. Is there anything in that list I can do without for now or can't do without?

Thanks.

BTW, I've already done the search.

· Registered
526 Posts
dragoon said:
Hey Folks

Is it possible to get a running turbo setup for $2000? If I search high and low for the parts.
Here's a list of stuff I know I need to make it runn properly:
Turbo
Manifold
Injectors
ECU
BOV
wastegate
fuel pump
intercooler
downpipe

I just need the basics to get the turbo project started. I will everntually add the other components such as clutch, gauges, ???????. Is there anything in that list I can do without for now or can't do without?

Thanks.

BTW, I've already done the search.

I've put together a turbo kit that should cost around $2100 or so heres what i got.

t25 turbo
water lines
downpipe
piping,370's $740

Engine $420
BB BOV $20
Skyline Intercooler rewelded into a flow though type.
$100
JWT ecu $515
Prothane mounts $41
Redline MT-90 $31
various parts from Mossy $110

so right now I'm at $1977. I may order a fuel pump for safety. So it is possible. The next fun part will be installing this stuff as I have never done this before..

· Registered
538 Posts
I'm almost done with my setup and I will be really close to $2K, but only because I already had a JWT ECU, so the reprogram was only $100. A full turbo program will add around $600 for you.
Be paitient and lurk around the FS forums and snatch the parts up.

· Registered
235 Posts
I'm doing mine for $2800, but that includes $350 for new gears, $340 for a new clutch, and $150 to fix my 5th gear pop out. So that's right at $2000, and i'll have a nice T28 setup with a big ebay fmic, 3" mandrel bent dp, and everything. Of course, i've spent about 1.5 years gathering everything together, and waiting for good deals to appear. :D

Matt

· Veritas
7,627 Posts
My initial setup was $1,947 and change, and was a bare-bone setup. If you're *really* frugal, I fully believe you can turbo a DE for less than $1,500 total these days.

It will take a lot of time and patience.

My first setup can be found here: www.TurboChargedSE-R.com

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.