SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody make cams for the 2000-01 SR20DE ? I know Jim Wolf makes cams and gears but will they work on my car? Also I only have a JWT POP charger and will have a rear section soon. Would I need anything else to safely run cams and gears? This is my only car, so it needs to be very streetable. So anyone recommend any cams that provide good power, that are streetable? Also this may be a stupid question but when my friends VTEC kicks in in his Civic Si(he's usually behind me when I hear it)would cams on an SR20DE sound similar to that? And how hard is a cam and cam gear install? Thanks for all the help, I'm hoping to do the cams over the winter.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Hey there,

don't know if you remember but you met me at New England Dragway.

I am going to give you the short answer to this. JWT doesn't have any cams for the 00+ sr20s for sale right now. Yes they exist, yes they are being tested. When they will be in production is unknown right now.

The cam gears that are made for the older sr20s should fit no problem but those only serve you a purpose if you have some dyno time when you can play with advancing and retarding the intake and exhaust cams to find the best power. In less you are prepared to pay for a few hours of dyno time to try out all the different settings, save this for when you are out of mods.

My suggestion is you work on the other mods that are available for your car right now before you think about cams. You can extract a little more power from a CAI. Then you can also get a header, pullies, exhaust. Work on those mods, because you can get those done probably well before the cams will be out.

[This message has been edited by david (edited 08-02-2001).]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I do remember meeting you. You have the radium sentra like mine with bronze wheels. After I get my exhaust, I'm pretty much going to increase the handling as much as possible. When I'm done with that I want to go for cams and gears but if there still not out then I'll probally go for headers and pulleys. For the suspension I have intrax springs in my room but I also want Koni shocks, 17" rims, and stabilizer bars. Does anyone know if there is a rear strut tower bar available for the new sentras? And out of curiosity would B14 rear strut bars fit? Thanks again for the help. Oh and I ran at the Speedway a few weeks ago and ran a very dissapointing best time of a 16.1. I was really bummed, I thought I could hit a high 15. I mat try again some time this month.

------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/perf. package
JWT POP Charger
Intrax Springs(in my room)

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
As far as the rear strut bar, take a look in the trunk, if you will notice the struts don't come through the trunk area at all. So there is no where to mount a rear strut bar.

a 16.1 isn't bad with the weather that we have up here.

My best so far is 15.8 flat so once the weather gets better I'm sure you can get that high 15.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts