SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please i need desperate help!!! I recently installed a cold air induction system on my sentra But the check engien light will not go off even when reset. Friend at work said i need a performance MAF because he said factory one is reading way too much air and is causing light to come on. How can i correct this or where can i get a performance MAF for my 2001 sentra any help would be appreciated. :confused:

·
Registered
78 Posts
you don't need a "performance MAF" when installing a short (WAI) or cold air intake (CAI). your stock MAF should be sufficient up to 200hp or so.

if nothing is wrong with your car, the ecu will eventually reset itself (up to a week).

i would check to make sure all the previous vacuum lines were plugged in and that there are no extra ones lying around; also make sure the air temp. sensor was reconnected.

good luck!

hopefully that can help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok here is how i had it set up i had the maf plugged in i had drilled a hole in the top to recoonect a vacume line into it and then there was a second sensor at the bottom i hooked it up but should i drill a hole in the cai to incorporate that sensor? pls reply

·
B15 Bubble
608 Posts
nizzan4u2nv said:
If the temp sensor is not plugged in it will throw a CEL, dont ask me how I know, HAHA.
I don't have to ask because I found out the same way you did! :)

Check for leaks and all that. You should not need to drill any holes to install a CAI. There may be one sensor labeled "Boost Sensor" with a tube comming off of it, but you can just let that tube flap in the wind (that's what I did). You should not have that sensor since you have a 2001.

Chances are you forgot something when installing the intake. It happens to the best of us. Never listen to your friend again, he will have you spending money for nothing. If he wants to put his car knowledge, it seems like he would fit right in at the local Pep Boys! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok no i did not drill the hole into the Maf i drilled into the cai itself and used some kinda putty glue stuff to kep it into the cai and i have the maf sensor hooked up and the temp sensor is hookd up its just not inside the CAI does the temp sensor need to actually be inside the cai getting its flow?

·
Registered
73 Posts
nismoracer1103 said:
ok no i did not drill the hole into the Maf i drilled into the cai itself and used some kinda putty glue stuff to kep it into the cai and i have the maf sensor hooked up and the temp sensor is hookd up its just not inside the CAI does the temp sensor need to actually be inside the cai getting its flow?

I have a 2001 SE and put the AEM CAI on and nevre drilled anything. I had a HS intake and blew my maf with it because i put it on wrong and my car went into limp mode and threw the light, but i baught a new MAF an put the AEM and was good to go. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts