SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
_______
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's not an SE, but it's the same body/chassis, etc.

I have a Sentra as a rental car, while my NX2000 is being repaired (I got rearended twice last week).

Anyway, I went to unlock the passenger side door yesterday, and there's no frickin keyhole! Four doors, four handles, one hole for a key, on the driver's door.

I guess that's ok if you have keyless entry (my rental doesn't), and if you live in a warm climate. But what happens in the winter when the locks freeze, and you can't get in the driver's side door? I guess you're screwed.

Is this a cost saving measure? Are the SE's like this? Can you buy an "upgrade" that includes another door lock?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ugh, that sounds like a pain in the ass. My 99 SE has key holes on the passenger side and driver side. Don't know about the 2000 SE though.

------------------
--Saving money and dreaming--
--99 SE-L 'bout stock
--TVR 2500M (being restored)

G

·
The 2001's don't either. I never thought of that before. Oh, crap. Better go out and get some lock de-icer now!

------------------
Wheel gap is the enemy. "Silver" 2001 SE 5spd. w/perf.pkg, PR CAI, Intrax, timing at 17*.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
nissan started doing that w/ the maximas and it has trickled down to the sentra. they figured since the keyless entry is standard on all levels, then what's the point of putting a keyhole on all the doors? sounds like the rental company screwed you, cuz whenever i get a rental car that i know comes w/ keyless entry, i get the remote!

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Xosis:
Ugh, that sounds like a pain in the ass. My 99 SE has key holes on the passenger side and driver side. Don't know about the 2000 SE though.

</font>
Keyholes are a pain in the ass, get the remote!!! I think it's SO much more worth getting the "top of the line" of what ever car you're gettting. It's usually a deal for all the add-ons!

------------------
2001 Black Sentra SE with Performance Package, Place Racing Cold Air Intake, HKS Cat-Back Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, Clear turn signal bulbs, Razo carbon pedals, Neon cable interior kit, Blue Washer Nozzle Lights, 12" Auidobahn Sub, 800 watt Rockford Fosgate amp, two 6.5" eclipses
PICS - http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albu...76730&f=0&vt=vp

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hehe, I aleady have keyless entry. My car came with it. I was just saying that if you didn't have remote and wanted to unlock the passenger side door, you have to do it from the driver side door, which might suck if you didn't want to do that.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yeah my 01 SE comes that way, too but it comes with a remote entry so it's all good. It's just for looks I guess... altho I came up with another idea once that might be a pro side to it...

Say someone is trying to break into ur car from ur passenger side, well you can lock all ur doors and just keep him from gettin into ONE door if he had a key unlocker thing.... i dunno... only thing i could think of that was a pro

1 - 7 of 7 Posts