SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thumbing through my June issue of Sports Car magazine and inside is a proposal for the 2002 Solo Stock class restructuring. Notably, all Nissan SE-Rs (assuming this now includes the new 2002 SE-R as well) are reclassed to G-Stock along with NX2000, 200 SX SE V6, 200 SX Turbo, and Maxima (92+). H-Stock now represents 200SX (NOC), 200SX SE-R (95+), 240 SX 12v & 16v, Altima, Maxima (NOC), Pulsar, Sentra (pre 91), Sentra 1.6L (91+), Sentra SE 2.0, and Stanza, and the Infinity G20.
If my memory serves, the SE-Rs just got moved out of D-Stock and into E-Stock this year. All SR20DEs are running E-Stock this year, I believe. Now all us B15 (and B14?) drivers will be running H-Stock next year with the pick-up trucks and everything else "Not Otherwise Classified." Maybe this will give the SR20DE more chances of kicking some butt being lowered in class again. Who knows...
For all those who autocross (or even those who don't) what do you think of these changes moving the SR20DE down the line again for next year?

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 2001 Sentra SE:
For all those who autocross (or even those who don't) what do you think of these changes moving the SR20DE down the line again for next year?</font>
It doesn't make sense why the Sentra SE-R/NX2000 and 200SX SE-R are separated once again (like they were in stock last year). But I'm not going to complain to the SCCA. I figure if everybody keeps it quiet, the restructuring will go over without a hitch, and 200SX SE-R's will dominate the new H Stock.

I'm already trying to convince George Perinis to take all the stuff off his 200SX to make it stock-legal so we can co-drive it next year.

------------------
'93 Sentra SE-R, daily driver and track/autox toy
'91 Sentra SE-R, future racecar

·
Registered
466 Posts
The '88-'91 Civic Si is still in H-stock, but I think those will be the only threat. I wonder how the stock shuffle will affect Street Prepared. It would be nice to see the B14s in FSP.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
Registered
708 Posts
They left some formidable cars in G Stock and it will be much tougher for the B13 SE-R next year.

------------------
Art R.
1992 Sentra SE-R
SCCA Solo II Driver
Cal Club #823 E Stock

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
I'll bitch about SCCA classifications (and other rules) any chance I get, but it doesn't matter. The SCCA is a big, dumb dinosaur - it moves slowly and has a brain the size of a walnut. Don't feed the SCCAsaurus.

We've been dealt our lot, and we have to make due. The NX2000 and B13 SE-R are done. Write them off. Again, they will no longer be classed competitively in stock class. If I still had any interest in autocrossing my '92 SE-R, I would prepare it for STS or STR.

The car to own for 2002 in stock is the '95-'97 SE-R. With a decent driver, the B14 SE-R could, no will win Nationals.

(Track lapping rules and the SCCA drools.)

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Jeez-us, Eric! 10,000+ posts???!!!

------------------
'93 Sentra SE-R, daily driver and track/autox toy
'91 Sentra SE-R, future racecar

·
Registered
708 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JimR:
I'll bitch about SCCA classifications (and other rules) any chance I get, but it doesn't matter. The SCCA is a big, dumb dinosaur - it moves slowly and has a brain the size of a walnut. Don't feed the SCCAsaurus.

We've been dealt our lot, and we have to make due. The NX2000 and B13 SE-R are done. Write them off. Again, they will no longer be classed competitively in stock class. If I still had any interest in autocrossing my '92 SE-R, I would prepare it for STS or STR.

The car to own for 2002 in stock is the '95-'97 SE-R. With a decent driver, the B14 SE-R could, no will win Nationals.

</font>

·
Registered
708 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JimR:

</font>
The only car to really worry about is the Suburu 2.5 GS if it is left in GS. It should go to E Stock IMHO. If it goes to GS then it will be a payoff to Suburu for thier WRX deal with the SCCA. Could be tough but I understand a lot of them have modded their cars to STS levels and do quite well there so maybe not two many will show. But of course in So Cal we will have guys that go out and buy one because it will be the shoo-in car.
There are some other very good cars like the GSR, Probe GT-Mazda MX-6, Celica GT but a good driver in a B-13 should be able to beat them. The CRX Si that we always have had to race will continue to be tough. But that makes it more challenging and we will separate the drivers from the posers.
Bring them on!

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
I see no reason to split the Sentra and 200SX SE-R. That's just dumb. Same engine, trans, limited slip, and the 200SX SE-R has better wheels that you can put wider tires on.

I figured these cars would be competetive in E-stock and they are. Mark Chiles is doing quite well in his '91. A 95+ in H-stock with 140 hp and that SR20 torque is a joke. That and the 240SX. Not long ago these things were in D-stock!!!

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts