SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i too it upon myself to be a mule for our community. ross pistons and cunningham rods now have specs for the gti-r motor if anyone decided to go that route. now that i have the rods and pistons in, the short block has recieved the first stages of assembly. all bearings and gaskets have been recieved as well. a few weeks ago i got my shipment from jun containing their 280 11.5 lift cams. jun retainers, jun valve guides, jun valve springs and jun 9 pound flywheel. also i had a ss copper head gasket spec for the gti-r motor that eip offers to us as well. also a larger fuel rail was built to accept the 960cc rc injectors. there is a few more goodies, when i recieve confirmation i will keep you up to date.

jimmy
1996 200sx gti-r motor
http://www.eiptuning.com/projects/200sxser1stpage.html

·
Registered
596 Posts
JUN 280 with 11.5 lift? You can use those with a turbo? I didn't see cam gears listed. Are you planning to get some? I am just curious because I have seen so much talk about how aggressive cams have too much overlap for turbos, and the JUN 280's seem to be pretty aggressive.

Oh, also, are you using a JUN programmed ECU? JWT? or standalone?

Sounds like a good project. Keep us informed, I'd like to hear updates. You are using products nobody has really tried before, so it'll be interesting to hear how everything works out.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually the 280 11.5 lift is only made for the rnn14 pulsar motor. they offer 2 other cams for the gti-r and more than 5 for the bb motor. i am not doing cam gears just yet i have other priorities to handle first. as far as the controls go, i chose stand alone, electromotive tech 2 unit before i thought about anything else. so yeah my car is a bit off the norm when you think of se-r's.

jimmy
1996 200sx gti-r motor
http://www.eiptuning.com/projects/200sxser1stpage.html

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
L

·
0 Posts
tommy said:
JUN 280 with 11.5 lift? You can use those with a turbo? I didn't see cam gears listed. Are you planning to get some? I am just curious because I have seen so much talk about how aggressive cams have too much overlap for turbos, and the JUN 280's seem to be pretty aggressive.

Oh, also, are you using a JUN programmed ECU? JWT? or standalone?

Sounds like a good project. Keep us informed, I'd like to hear updates. You are using products nobody has really tried before, so it'll be interesting to hear how everything works out.
Umm....I thought that, as far as turbo theory is concerned, more overlap reduced the chances of detonation. It's possible that it could cost a few ponies but it would more than make up for that in reliability. Atleast that's what I've always been told and it makes perfect sense to me.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Just tell me when and ill try to get something going... theres enough people out here or around the way to get a decent turnout.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts