SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I completed this swap, its was my first, by myself. These are for those people that think they couldn't do this themselves. Prior to this job the biggest thing I had ever done to a car is change control arms, so it can be done by us novice people! I have no pics during the swap because the camera wasn't available.

side pic. i reused the lowport intake tube for the time being, I had the join two different tubes together to make that work. Also, that brass thing sticking out of the the former BPT is a $3 part from ace. works very well!

top. no turbo yet. I have 370's on there. the VC is dirty cause I haven't had time to clean up.

the oil return for my turbo, this was the scariest thing during the whole swap, and that is a cork plugging it up :)

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
very nice man. how much and where did u get the motor from? and how long did it take for the install. i feel my motors gonna go soon so im researching for future reference.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sr20det808 said:
very nice man. how much and where did u get the motor from? and how long did it take for the install. i feel my motors gonna go soon so im researching for future reference.
thanks, I got the motor from soko, I ordered it on monday and I had it on tuesday. It ended up costing me $460 for the motor. i can tell it has been sitting around for along time because I THINK i have a noisy lifter, only makes while driving, never makes the noise in the driveway reving it.

nizzan4u2nv said:
Hmm, I need to try a motor swap, havent done one yet.
Its really not that bad, if you are determined enough like i was, it can be done!

·
mhmmm
1,263 Posts
when i swapped my motor in, the lifter was noisy too it went away after a little bit...

·
Registered
405 Posts
Nice I'm finally doning mine tomorrow after my car has been sitting for about 2 months, I just hope I can use the lowport CAI.....

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Witt19 said:
nice man, when u gonna get the turbo stuff put on?
hopefully sometime in june when my parents garage opens up again. i still need oil lines from jgy. so for now I can use the injectors!

·
WWJD
2,092 Posts
motors pretty clean

1 - 10 of 10 Posts