SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Nissan's Are Cool.
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember seeing a few people who had basically painted the yellow part of the tail light red. I thought it looked pretty good, better than the stock look for sure. My problem is I can't seem to find anything about it with a search, on this board or google? ? Could somebody explain to me how this is done, or point me in the direction of a good link? ? Thanks! :biggthump

·
Black Out
721 Posts
Do you have a Michaels or Joan Fabrics near you? If so then go in there and buy a can of the stained glass red spray paint. Tape off the section and spray over. I only did two coats and it looks great.

·
Nissan's Are Cool.
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I've got a Michaels around. So it's paint made for stainded glass? Also do you need to rought up the light any? Like with sand paper or something? Thanks.

·
Chillin on g20.net lately
2,039 Posts
i did this not only for the tails on my sentra but also for the front corners. the paint is called Krylon Stained Glass Paint. my friend sanded his tails on his 200sx before painting which we both agreed was a mistake because they came out dull. i just wiped the area to be painted with a wet rag and put a coat or two on once they were dry. came out really nice. for a glossier finish i put a coat of rattle can clear on when i was finished.

·
Done.
3,923 Posts
I used the model paint "candy apple red translucent". It's a tad bit more expensive than the stained glass paint, but matches perfectly so you don't have to spray the whole lens, and it won't fade. It's also easier to find than the stained glass paint, depending on how the nearest store keeps their stock replenished. (Model car/plane section always has the candy apple red stuff)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts