SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
JDM BOOST WHORE
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
will this tire size fit on our cars? i hear somthing about a spacer. i wanna get some TE37's. or what size should i get? i have 15's on my car right now, which other rims should i get? i was thinking about rota slipstreams.
adam

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Yes, it will fit. A 40 series tire is the larges you can go on a B13 without adding a spacer and possibly pulling the fenders a little.
The largest width you can safely go with would be 16x7. I run 205/40/16 Toyo Proxes FZ4's and they don't rub or anything.
Which wheels to get - that's a completely personal choice.
Out of curiosity which 15's do you have. I'd love to have a pair of 15's. Right now I've got two sets of 16's and the added rubber that you could fit on a 15 inch wheel would probably be nice.

·
JDM BOOST WHORE
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I Have No Idea What Brand They Are.i Bought Them Off My Friend For 100 Bucks Like 3 Years Ago. There Five Spoke Black With A Polished Lip. Im Gunna Post Pic Soon.
Adam

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm currently using Bridgestone RE 950's in size 205/40-16, and before the Bridgestone I was using Kumho 712's in size 205/45-16. Both sizes fit fine had no rubbing at all. The only thing I can think of that weird is that the 45 series were a little high profile looking when new, and the 40 series looks a litte low profile when worn.
Oh the only reason I went to 16" is because I needed them to fit the Nismo brake upgrade kit. Some of my friends say to go with 17" but I think that'll make the brakes look even smaller.
I have pictures of both tires somewhere, if you really want to see them contact me and I'll send them.
One big negative about the 205/40-16. With my aftermarket swaybars and springs, the ride is hard!! Put it this way the Nismo 350 Z is comfortable compared to my car.... plus with that low of a profile I have to use about 40 psi up front.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts